Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This and That

Had a request for this layout to be featured in Craft Gossip's Inspiration du jour. 
Love how something so simple can be so eye catching.  Kind of like people don't you think?  The more we try to impress those around us, the less sincerely attractive, and authentic one actually becomes.  The more we allow our true selves to guide and lead us the more people want to get to know us.  Just a thought today.

Not sure if I mentioned this before or not.  But my guest designer spot here has been extended.  

Tanya and Nicole have been so welcoming.  And even more important you all have been so encouraging.  I can't say thank you enough for the times that you've popped by here to say hello, and comment on my work.  To have you pop over to the LCOM blog to leave a little love also is just so touching.  Thank you for believing in me, and supporting me in this way.  I love that I get to share pieces of my life with all of you in this fun and creative way.  This was hand delivered to me yesterday afternoon. 
Just look at it.  Sigh, it makes me want to whip out photos of the people I love and get recording the stories and experiences behind each one.  This is Double Dutch: Lily Bee's new collection.  I can't wait to get started with it.  But, alas, wait I must.  There are more pressing things this week that require my full attention as a mother, employee, and a friend.

Today is the day that the new Design Team will be revealed at My Scrapbook Nook.  The list will likely not be posted until later this evening when I'm at Dance Class so I won't be updating this post with the results.  I really have no idea what to expect.  We've been told that there are only 4 spots open, and 23 of us vying for one.  My chances are slim, I realize, but I remain hopeful.  Speaking of the Nook they have a fun game going on right now.  It's a "lift the person above you" game, and it's open to all.  You can check out the deets and sign up here.  You may also want to check out the May kit that is shipping today.  It will be full of Echo Park goodness.  You can see some photos of it here.

More Crate Paper Goodness, love this Story Teller line
Okay, I really must go now and get going on everything around here.  I'll be mia over the next few days as my girls and I compete over the next 3 days here...
We're all pretty excited about it.  I'll fill you in on all of it as soon as I'm able.  And I'll also fill you in on another scrappy secret I'm holding in too *wink*

Have a wonderful week friends!

♥ S.

Pin It

11 comments:

Zarah said...

Congrats!!
Love that layout - and your thoughts on simpleness are spot on. Love that you observe these things. ♥

Adore the new LO too, you rock! :D

Tamika said...

Congrats on your feature & extension! I love the new layout as well!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Amazing layout and TOOT for being featured. That layout was amazing!!! Have fun dancing!!!

Alex said...

Congrats on being featured girl! Your work is amazing! And I love that you have been playing with paint lately. You are so good at it!

Good luck today! I believe we all have equal chances. It's going to be one great team who ever makes it!

glorygirl said...

So excited for you and all your scrappy news lately! God has an amazing plan for the work you share! Hope you make the design team at My Scrapbook Nook! I have loved all of your layouts lately! I always enjoy reading the story behind the page. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Another great post Sherri! So true about simple and eyecatching and ditto on the people part. congrats on the feature. Left you love there earlier. Great layouts all around.

Best of luck to you all at dancing! Have fun!:)

Jody said...

Congrats on being featured! That is so exciting for you! Good luck with dance this week - I know that you and your girls will do great!

I love the LO that you just did! How did you do the background? Is it just bubble wrap?

When are we getting together again? I need some scrapping, coffee and good friend chatting! Let me know when your life slows down a bit for some scrappiness!

danni reid. said...

absolutely LOVE the bubble wrap stamping, amazing lo my friend♥

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Very gorgeous layout my friend♥ And congrats on being featured;)

Diane Payne said...

Love both of these layouts...congrats on the feature! Can't wait to see what you do with the Lily Bee goodies!

Jessy Christopher said...

You are an amazing scrapper and no doubt they wanna feature you. I love the layout with all the bubble stamping. That is gorgeous!