Wednesday, April 18, 2012

For the love of Prairie Hill

Today is my day to post over at Let's Capture Our Memories.  I'd love it if you'd pop by and say hi.

*************************************************************************************************************
Have you seen the New Pink Paislee Collections?  Both the Indigo Blue, and Prairie Hill Collections caught my eye.  As soon as I saw the Hilltop sheet from the Prairie Hill Collection, I knew I wanted to cut it into itty bitty pieces. 
I had a feeling I would  love it even more with a little cardstock showing through.  I used my paper trimmer to get nice straight lines, placed them evenly on the cardstock,then glued them down one by one.  Isn't that kite the cutest?

This is the design I ended up with. 
I apologize that the little stickers are difficult to read.  They say "They make life even sweeter" The white ink text reads: "There are sure to be a lot of laughs when our families are together"









I left the layout like this for several days, despite felling like something was missing. Then a couple of weeks later while showing it to a friend I realized what was missing.  I had the idea to add a few strips of jounaling to the top right of the layout.  So I pulled out some Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type (thanks Jody), and added sentiments that were fun, matched the colours, and were appropriate for the photo of the family I was featuring on the layout.
Here's a close up of the Tiny Text stickers.
Here is the layout that is in my album today.  I feel as though the little journal strips finish it off much better, and add a little more character to a page that's all about a family that's full of character.

I'm currently playing with another sheet from the line.
Again, my scissors got the best of me.  You'll have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Thanks for stopping by friends, have a great Wednesday everyone!

♥ S.

Pin It

16 comments:

antenucci said...

TOTALLY WONDERFUL!

Annika said...

That's a super layout! Love those cut out papers! Great job!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Very gorgeous layout my friend! Love the design and the colors you used♥

Zarah said...

Holy gorgeousness, Batman! I AM IN LOVE with this!

Tara LeClaire said...

Love the cutting!

Unknown said...

wonderful page - love the diamonds

Diane Payne said...

That page is amazing! I love how you cut it apart and pieced it together behind the photo!

Lilith Eeckels said...

STUNNING Sherri. Just love everything about this layout!

Deanna said...

LOOOVE this Sherri! I don't think I gave Pink Paislee the time of day, but you've made me reconsider. You totally rocked it! Can't wait to see more!

Alex said...

Oh.My.Goodness.
Sherri, I am truly, madly, deeply in love with this one! Sooo clever! ♥

Tamika said...

Love what you did with this paper line, I currently have a WIP with it too!

Tanya said...

LOVE LOVE the LO...and who is this completely adorable family you are featuring on your blog?!?! tee hee :)

glorygirl said...

WOW! Love how all the different shapes on this page work so well together. Great job!

Jody said...

Great job - I love the white writing at the bottom...I don't remember that from before!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

You rock girl! This is fab!:)

Leigh Penner said...

What a fabulous layout! I love how you cut out the diamonds-- perfect!