Friday, April 20, 2012

Story Telling

I spent a little time yesterday creating with more Crate Storyteller from My Scrapbook Nook's April Kit.  Danni, had a Card Challenge for us this week.  There's a new Card Challenge, over at the Nook every week in fact.  This one was to create an unconventional banner on a card.  I hand cut a couple of these pieces, and simply covered tags or tickets to make the others.  That "Hello" sticker was just screaming to be used on a card.  You should see what some of the others came up with, there are some really wonderful creations in the Forum Thread.

Stacey had a layout based challenge for us .  Her April Colour Challenge had a few requirements to it.  We had to scrap about an everyday activity, include journaling, and use some sort of natural texture.
The jewelery cord is from my stash, and the reinsforcements are from the Nook Dec kit featuring the Crate Peppermint line, the mist is Studio Calico Green Apple.
I realize produce is not an "activity", but it is something that is consumed daily in our home, so I figured that was kind of the same thing.  The journaling says "Fresh produce, something I often take for granted".  I kicked myself for having adhered the double sided dimensional tape before realizing I had not put the tag through my typewriter.  It could have looked so much better.  At least it's legible.  Another reminder that perfection is overrated.

Welcome to the weekend friends.  I wish you laughter, and plenty of time to enjoy the poeple around you over the next two days.  Hope it's a good one!

♥ S.


Pin It

18 comments:

Zarah said...

WOW, girl! You just keep getting better and better, and you're already FAB to begin with! This is aaaaawesome! ♥

Tara LeClaire said...

Sherri! That LO is AWESOME. Serious.

Lisa H said...

Great projects Sherri! I always love what you come up with. =)

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

So cute card och that layout is just gorgeous!!!

Hugs Maja

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Cute card and the layout is just gorgeous!!

hugs Maja

Unknown said...

beautiful card and page

Shellye McDaniel said...

Seriously some cute stuff, Sherri! I love the stitching around your card and the layout of your page...FAB-O!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Oh Sherri. I just love that card and that banner is so clever. Your layout is just gorgeous. LOVE the twine and the splatters. I want to see more crate from you !!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love, love, love this... how do you make something so complex look so simple? <3

xoxo
~L

Unknown said...

p.s. Thanks for my blog comment! I'm cueing up Scrapping Everyday Miracles as we speak!

xoxo
~L

Kate Vickers said...

I love these projects, especially the layout! Stunning!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

That's awesome! You're an amazing girl my friend! Your layout is very gorgeous♥♥

Bente Fagerberg said...

Great proj3ects. i love your card with that cute banner!
Well done on making the shortlist. So cool to meet all the lovely ladies on the board. Good luck to you!

Pam said...

love your card and the layout!!! You completely rocked the kit!!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
xoxo

pinkalishious said...

Love all those little tags & ticket's poking out the bottom of your GAB card there!!
& i love the simplicity of your page too great white space xxxxxxxxxxxx

Andrea Amu said...

These are awesome takes on the challenges, Sherri!
I love the unconventional banner you came up with using the tags.

danni reid. said...

brilliant my friend, just brilliant!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

These are awesome Sherri! Love all your little details!:)