Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Colourful MME

I have had these photos of Animal Kingdom printed, and just sitting there for weeks already.  They were extras from my Project Live pages for that week.  I'm waaaay behind on that by the way.  I lost the motivation at about week 3 (oh the shame), after discovering that I couldn't print the photos at home properly to save my life, and at the same time my local photo developer decided it was time to reno the place, and they were closed for over a month.  That was it, I was done for.  I really do want to get back on the band wagon though, as I think it's so important to capture the everyday.  I think it will be great to look back at the album a year from now and see what was going on in our lives just one year previous.

Back to the layout.  I knew I wanted to have random strips of the MME papers going across the wood grain background with different edges.  So I punched some of the edges, sewed some of the them, and glued them down.  This is the final result.
My Scrapbook Nook March kit featuring My Mind's Eye Dolled Up line

A little more colourful than usual for me, okay maybe a lot more colourful, but I kinda like it.  I never want my scrapping to get trapped in a box.  It's kind of fun to throw something a little wild and crazy out there every once in a while.  I like the design, and all the little photos, and that fun doodlebug font.  Hope you enjoy the change too.

Today, my new friend Jody is coming over to scrap.  Yay!  I say new, because I only met her a couple of months ago through through The Scrapbook Cottage where I work.  She teaches classes there (because she's super talented).  We've had some good little chats the few times we've connected there.  You may remember she's also the one who nominated me for the Leibster award.  I've talked her into joining the forum at the Nook, and she even took them up on their fabulous April offer for brand new subscribers, lucky girl.  It's not too late to get yours.  We both got our kits yesterday, so today it's time to get down and dirty with a little Crate.  Can't wait.  I'm single parenting for the next few days so this will be a nice little break right in the middle.

Hope you're in the middle of a great week wherever you may be today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

♥ S. Pin It

4 comments:

Tamika said...

I like how so many different punches were used.

glorygirl said...

I really like the colors! Makes me think of summer just around the corner! Have fun scrapping with your new friend!

Jody said...

Thanks for the sweet comments Sherri! I loved scrapping with you today and hopefully we can do this more and more!!! And I do like this Lo - sometimes is "healthy" to do something different then normal!!!

danni reid. said...

love all the strips and your button splatter!