Thursday, April 12, 2012

These Shoes

I love to scrap the little bits of our everyday life.  As much as people contribute to the quality of our lives, so do a lot of inanimate objects, and I love to give them their fair place in my scrapbooks.

We have a lot of dance shoes in our home,  between all of us we have at least 10 pairs.  In my opinion, it's Théa's dance shoes that make the most music.  This girl can dance, it's just in her.  She would say that her favorite style of dance to do is Jazz.  That may be, but I would say that she excels best at Tap.  She's that kid who taps all the time.  While she's brushing her teeth, waiting for her toast to pop, and just about any other time she's got a second or two to spare.  To me these shoes are like musical instruments, and I love the music they make.
Basic Grey Konnishiwa Collection, with October Afternoon alphas
Well folks, today is the day I find out if I've made the short list for My Scrapbook Nook's design team call.  I'm just as nervous as I was last time around.  I've second guessed myself a little more this around.  Wondering if I've submitted the right projects.  Wondering if my blog is attractive enough, if it gets enough traffic for me to be considered, wondering this, and wondering that.  Ugh!  It's not a fun process.  It's exactly like a job interview, except that there's only a small handful of spots, and 200 people all interviewing for the same job as you.  I love the Nook though.  It's my second home, and a lot of my friends hang out there, so how could I not give it a shot.  I'll update the post as soon as I know the results.  Thanks for all your well wishes, and encouraging words along the way friends, it sure makes me feel loved.

Have a wonderful Thursday,

♥ S.

Pin It

12 comments:

Alex said...

Oh, LOVE your topic Sherri! What a great thing to scrap about. The layout is beautiful! Love the clean design and carefully chosen details. It looks awesome!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you my friend! I know how much that place means to you and you are soooo rocking the kits. Thank you SO much for your sweet words. It means a lot to me! ♥

Tara LeClaire said...

Wishing you the best of luck tpday my friend.

Love the LO about Thea's Tap shoes, it inspires me to do a LO about something similar :)

pruts said...

great lo !!!
love the topic you used.

Unknown said...

this page is so striking - love the design and title

Unknown said...

I hope you make it, I love what you do.

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Magnifique! Love the design and all the details on your LO! Well done my friend♥

Tamika said...

Rest assure that if this is for you it shall be! Love the layout!

danni reid. said...

i love your title-work and love this layout sherri, so beautiful♥

Jody said...

Super beautiful! I love the pic and such a great topic to scrap about...makes me think about "things" that we do differently. You are a great scrapper!

And good luck today - hope to see your name on the list!!!

Lisa H said...

I love the layout Sherri! I'll be excited to see if your name is on the list too. =)

Zarah said...

OF COURSE you made the short list! I am SO happy for you - and you so deserve to be there!

LOVE this layout and I adore you for putting these thoughts into words! It's a FAB piece of your story! :D

Bente Fagerberg said...

What a beautiful page. Such a wonderful documentation of this time. Congrats on making the list ,too!<3