Friday, April 6, 2012

Feeling FABulous

Happy Good Friday to those of you who celebrate the Easter season!  I'm up today with my very first post at Let's Capture Our Memories.  I hope you'll pop over and have a peek at all that's going on over there.

My first project this month features the new Simple Stories line. When I first saw the Fabulous collection, I just knew I had to have it.  I have three girls and none of them would be ashamed to proclaim, out loud, that they are exactly that - fabulous.  (Oh to be as confident in myself as my girls are). The cardstock stickers are what really got me.  They have embellishing elements, as well as phrases, boarders, and even alphas between the two sheets.  I loved this tag, and thought it would be great for the title of my layout.
I have a new found love for Glossy Accents, I put it all over the alphas, creating an epoxy effect, helping it to add a little shine, and pop to the page.
I also used it on the Maya Road wood banner

As you know, I love white space on my layouts, I also really like to tell the story behind the photo with journaling.  This combination, can sometimes create a problem.  A lot of my journaling ends up being hidden behind the photo on a tag or other element.  For this layout I chose to keep it visible, but tight, and tiny right close to the doily.  I find it less distracting from the overall design, and more appealing to the eye this way.  Here is the layout I created using some posed photos of my youngest, hanging out on the deck in her swim suit.  With the start of summer just around the corner, it won't be much longer before we'll all be hanging out on or decks more often. 
The background paper is one sheet of paper, I simply cut it at the top and bottom, flipped it over, and sewed it back together.  The butterfly is pop dotted off the page for dimension, and I've curled the edges of the hand cut doilies upward ever so slightly.

Simple Stories quickly catapulted themselves onto my 'fave manufacturer' list, by consistently designing with a bright, yet subtle colour palette, fun little embellishing elements, and always including product that is easy to mix and match between lines.  I also love the the journal, and flashcards, they are perfect for my Project Life album.  The store has plenty of this line still available.  I encourage you to hop on over and have a peek at the entire collection, it is so easy to work with.

Supplies Used:
Echo Park: Charming brads
Items from my stash: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, May Arts jute, black Sharpie, random brads, sewing machine

Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful weekend!

♥ S.











Pin It

10 comments:

Pam said...

this layout is so fabulous!! love the design:)
Happy Easter!!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Wow!Stunning layout! You rock girl!!
Happy Easter my friend♥

Zarah said...

Ooooh, that is SUPER cool! Love the photos and the LO just complements them SO well with its funkiness, playfulness, sass.. LOVE it!

antenucci said...

Gorgeous layout - totally love the colors and the wood banner

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous page Sherri - love all the fun elements in it - fabulous design

Jody said...

Great page Sherri! Love all the girly touches you added - and those banners are awesome - I think I may need some!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously stunning Sherri, this has just taken #1 in my fave Sherri LO's. Just beautiful work!

glorygirl said...

What a fabulous layout! Love the colors, photos and elements you included that make this so perfect for the sentiment behind it!!! I agree....I could use some confidence to declare myself fabulous. What a gift that your girls feel that way about themselves! Happy Easter, friend!

missusem said...

Preeettyyy cute! :) Love your use of color and details :)

Tamika said...

Absolutely adorable layout!