Friday, April 13, 2012

On Parenting

First off - let me share my fantastic news with you...the list is up...and my name is actually on it!  Yay!  I feel honoured to have been included in this list of wonderfully talented woman.  Now...we play a bit, and get to know each other.  I'm not exactly sure what all to expect.  It may be the same kind of set up as last time, it may not.  Perhaps we'll be required to create new projects.  Perhaps we'll only be sharing recent or favorite projects.  I guess we'll see.  I'll be sure to keep you posted.

I have a new project to share with you today.  Carol, at My Scrapbook Nook offered up a "quote/title" challenge to us on Sunday, that had my name written all over it.  The challenge was to use a quote or a title for your layout.  I love titles, especially long ones, like quotes.  I decided that rather than starting with the quote, to begin instead with the photo, and to focus my layout on parenting.  I had this photo of the girls, and decided to look for an appropriate parenting quote to go with it.  I found this one, and knew it was perfect for the feelings the photo evoke in me. 
Using My Scrapbook Nook April kit featuring Crate Storyteller, Prima alphas, doily, and jute: from my stash

I've said before that parenting is something that I use to only dream of.  To look around the dinner table, and see all three of their beautiful faces, just overwhelms me sometimes.  Sure, they have their times where I need some space away from them (or maybe it's them who need some space from me?!), and things that they say and do, that make me shake my head.  But at the end of the day, when I sneak into their rooms to peek at them, and lean in and smell them (yes, I really do that still) I am so deeply in love with each of them.  I am so very grateful to God for entrusting them to me.  I believe parenting is a HUGE responsibility.  One I try not to take lightly.  One that scares the pants off of me sometimes.  One that causes me to dream, and reflect on the type of parents I had, and the type of parent I want to be.  What I say and do with them, and to them, and about them matters.  The way I show them love, and the way I discipline them matter.  I have been bestowed "no greater responsibility, and no greater privilege" than to raise my three girls. As they walk through this life may they be able to say that they had a mother who loved them unconditionally, and was always on their side.  May they experience the love of their Father through my words, and actions.  And, may they never question how very important they are to me.

Welcome to the weekend friends!  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.

♥ S. Pin It

15 comments:

Jody said...

Your LO is beautiful with such meaning! I love the banners that u used and of course the quote is so inspiring! Congrats on the "list"! I knew you would make it up there! They would be crazy not to want someone with such dedication to their site, challenges and the love of scrapping. You always make people feel good with your comments and suggestions - can't wait to see what is in store for you now!!!

Alex said...

Such a beautiful post, Sherri ♥ Love reading your thoughts about parenting.

Congrats on making the list! HeeHee! I am thrilled to be on the same list as you ;-) And nope... I have no idea what to expect now.

Awesome layout! LOVE your title work! You truly rocked this challenge.

Anonymous said...

So insanely happy for you my friend!!! Your LO is fabulous and I love the quote. Couldn't agree more!

Tanya said...

You made me cry :) Love the LO and so happy to see you made the short list at the Nook, I wish you the best of luck!

Tamika said...

What a fabulous title for this beautiful page! Love it!

pinkalishious said...

hey girl i just wanted to stop by & say congratulation's for getting on the shortlist over at scrapbook nook, fingers crossed for the rest of the journey xxxxxxxxxxxx

Annika said...

Sherri, I LOVE your layout! It's beautiful inside out if you know what I mean. Great design, wonderful title and the photo just makes it perfect. Really precious! Hugs & blessings!

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Hi Sherri =) Thanks for the visit in my blog. It made me very happy that you remembered me from before at NOOK.
This layout is just perfect! Love it!
Congrats on making the list... It´s exciting to see who will make it all the way. I put my vote on you. Love your layouts.

Hugs Maja

Jennie M said...

I LOVE this page. LOVE THIS PAGE. So good. :)

Lilith Eeckels said...

I just love that quote and your layout is SMASHING!!! So glad you're on the list.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh, I don't think I could read all of this...I would start to cry. You scrap from the heart, and I love that. This is absolutely stunning! I do recognize you too from SC. So glad to find the Nook though, have felt so welcomed.

Zarah said...

This layout takes my breath away!
FANTASTIC!

glorygirl said...

Can't stop staring at this layout!!! Looooooove everything about it!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

You go girl! You know I love all your stuff! Fingers crossed for you!:)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Can I just say...Wow! Love the post and everything about that layout!:)