Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Painting

I have a few scrappy online friends who love to use paint in their projects. They do such a fabulous job, that I was inspired to get myself some paint of my own around Christmastime.  I've made a few meager attempts to use it, but not to the extent these talented ladies do.  Well I finally got around to it.  A Member Inspiration Challenge over at My Scrapbook Nook opened the door for me.  The challenge was to life this layout by the sweet, and uber  talented Zarah.  I was excited, yet nervous to dig in and get a little messy with my white paint, and stamps.

Using Pink Paislee Prairie Hill Collection
The final product is not exactly as I had hoped, but I can now say I've actually used something a little more exciting on a layout.  I still think the Ormolu tag should be tucked further behind the photo, but it's so cute I want it to show.  Originally the title was on that tag in a yellow font, but it just didn't look right so I removed it and went with this look instead.  Even though it's not exactly as I had envisioned, I think I'll leave it.  Do you ever go back and re-do layots?  I am anxious to give painting another go though, I have another idea I want to try out.

On another note the April issue of Scrap Street Magazine is out.  I had the privilege being asked by one of the writers(who also happens to be one of my scrappy heroes) to create a layout  that documented one of the ways I re-energize myself.  The focus of the article was Spring, focusing on how it is a time of re-birth, and rejuvenation.  The first thing that came to mind was having one-on-one time with some of my closest friends.  I went on the hunt for photos, pulled out some fun, and colourful Studio Calico Memoir papers, and Amy Tangerine goodies, and went to work.  Here is the magazine page where my layout is featured (sorry I'm not actually allowed to post it anywhere until next month).  All the journaling is hidden on a tag, tucked behind the envelope,  it's pretty lengthy, so I'll leave it for when I can share the layout here.  I hope you'll pop over and have a look.  It is officially my new favorite layout.   Some of my fave people, bright and cheery, layered  all over, with fun little bits sprinkled around, and mist...love!  If you take the time to go back a page in the magazine you'll see another super talented scrappy hero of mine, who also happens to be from Winnipeg, and who I had the delight of meeting for the first time last week.

I hope this finds you in the middle of a great week friends.  Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, and especially for your sweet and encouraging comments.

♥ Sherri


Pin It

15 comments:

Mag said...

Beautiful take for this lift !
Paint is always scaring at first, then it becomes addiction !!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Love your paint on your LO and love your fabulous picture!
I often go back and re-do my layouts. To be honest not often but always LOL!
Bisous ma belle♥

danni reid. said...

WOW!!! love this sherri, great use of the paint, love the title-work!

Lisa H said...

I love the paint Sherri! I think it turned out great. I don't redo layouts, I just gotta keep moving forward, lol. ;-)

Unknown said...

love your page - great details and you awesome with the paint

Alex said...

Congrats on being published! You are on a roll girl! What an honor to be asked!

Love this layout! Great color combo, fantastic title work and what an awesome result with the paint!

pruts said...

love what you did with the paint !!
love it !!!

Samantha said...

Love this LO, Sherri! and WTG on using the paint... not my favourite technique to use either!

Elizabeth said...

You rocked the painting! I just tried it myself too for the very first time and it was fun! It's kinda liberating since there isn't a right or wrong to it!

Glad that things are looking good for you these days! Hoping you had sunshine today in your world! Be blessed!
e.

Audrey Yeager said...

Well I think your paint playing was a total success! Love the texture it adds to your page!

Zarah said...

First of all: WOW!! Your layout is amaaaaaaaazing! I love it!!

Second: congrats on the pub! Such fun, to be asked! So happy for you! :D

Lilith Eeckels said...

FABULOUS page and congrats!

Annika said...

Beautiful! And congrats! So happy for you!

Tara LeClaire said...

Dear Sherri, you are awesome. Love that you stepped out of your comfort zone with the paint. Beautiful!
So happy for you as always, I can think of no one who deserves it more!

Pam said...

where do I start...congrats on the pub!!!

love the painting too...I don't paint too much (well at all, ha!) because I am too impatient to wait for it to dry. anyways, that is a gorgeous layout!