Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Monday

Happy Monday, and welcome to a brand new week!

I am feeling blessed to have had a lovely weekend.  Low key Friday night, work, and dinner with friends (who we adore, and can't wait for their baby to arrive) on Saturday, and a whole lot of activity on Sunday.  Full.  Good.  Blessed.

Today I have the last of my Pink Paislee Konnichiwa shares for you.  In all, I believe I used 4 sheets of patterned paper, and several stickers, and created 3 layouts in total.  This layout, at first glance doesn't even look like the same line.  That's because it's the B sides of all the sheets.  I love how simple this design is, it allows the warmth of the photo to really speak for itself.  This is my brother and sister-in-law.  We don't see them much, as they live on the other side of the city, and we are simply in different season of life.  They have a little guy, Jayden, who has been the subject of a few of my pages, and both work two jobs, and one is just finishing her education degree.  Busy.  They are wonderful parents, and such good friends with each other.  There is really something special between them.  When I observe them in conversation together they still look like they did when they were dating; so gentle, kind, and patient with one another.  It's a gift they have.  Normally my sister-in-law doesn't enjoy when I have the camera in her face.  This time, however, she just let me have my way.  I love the result, and she does too.
Pink Paislee Konnichiwa collection, Martha Stewart punch, seam binding ribbon, pop dots,Tim Holtz alphas
A week of 'getting to know each other' continues over at My Scrapbook Nook for all the dt hopefuls.  It's been really great getting to know some of the ladies, especially those I've admired from a far for some time.  It's so wonderful to hear other people's story.  You may remember I'm a 'story' junkie, I love nothing more than to get to know other people, and hear about how they came to be who, and where they are.  The reflection of that story through scrapping is so compelling to me.  I wish there were a way to do a retreat with my Nook friends, new and old.  I'd be beaming for days getting to meet the women behind all the stories.  Anyhow, we've been told it's stiff competition for only a few spots, so please continue to be hopeful for me.  There's so much fun in the journey, but receiving the title at the end of the day would be even sweeter.

Thanks for popping by today friends.  I wish you a day full of promise!

♥ S. Pin It

14 comments:

danni reid. said...

WOW absolutely beautiful!!!

Jody said...

Very nice Sherri! It is a great design that does focus on the photo that is so beautiful! I love reading your blog...it just makes sense - all of it! Thanks for sharing and yes - my fingers are crossed for you!

Amélie said...

Very nice this Lo! All in simplicity, i like it!

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Beautiful =) with great focus on the photo.. just like you wanted it =)
And yes it is great to get to know each other better at the NOOK.

Wishing you a great week!

Hugs Maja

Unknown said...

WOW - gorgeous page - I totally love the design Sherri

Zarah said...

Beautiful page - very well balanced! Beautiful photo, too! :D

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Lovely layout !. Good luck to you too over at the Nook

Kate Vickers said...

Great layout! I'm loving the hearts!

Jessy Christopher said...

Love love love!! It is just so beautifully done!!

Tamika said...

Another beautiful layout! Love the way you used Konnichiwa, looks great!

Alex said...

I ADORE this Sherri! Love the balanced design and all the cute little hearts. Amazing work!

Stacey Michaud said...

oh, this is so fabulous...love those hearts!

glorygirl said...

The hearts and their placement on this page are perfect! Love how you captured this moment and scrapped it perfectly for the theme and story behind it!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Love this layout when I saw it published on the web, and I finally got to use it! See my blog which I gave credit to you. Glad I found your blog, your layouts are beautiful!