Monday, April 2, 2012

One Of A Kind Girl

Can you believe it's April already?  Did any of you have to endure any cruel and unusual April fools pranks?  The girls tried their hand at a couple here before church.  It was pretty cute actually.

Today over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles we have the April Layout Challenge up for you.  Jeannine had a great idea for us to scrap about the person or people in or lives who make us laugh with the things they say.  I had just taken these photos of Eden.  She was up to another one of her crazy shenanigans.  She had the crazy idea to wear her dad's old boxing gloves on her feet, rather than her hands.  She looked hilarious, with her tutu, and leatherette pants.  She was fooling around while I was getting supper prepared, when out of the blue announced to me that she was posing in 3rd position.  Well, right then I knew I had the photos and subject of my layout for the challenge.
Using Echo Park Fabulous collection
The journalling reads: Eden is forever doing or saying the silliest things.  On this occasion I found her sporting her Daddy's old boxing gloves on her feet, rather than her hands, as makeshift ballet shoes.  She was already wearing the tutu, albeit, combined with black vinyl pants, and a bright green tank top.  She looked hilarious.  Once she had her feet comfortably in place, she placed her hands squarely on her hips, and very proudly called out to me "look Mommy, I'm in third position."  As much as this girl of mine can have me pulling out my hair, she is quick to see the humor in things, can laugh easily at herself, and knows how to quickly get the rest of us to join in.

It's a fun challenge, hope you'll join in.  Our sponsor this month is Scrapbook Circle.  A wonderful kit club filled with some of the most recent product.  They're offering up a wonderful prize to one lucky winner this month, so be sure to hop over to SEM, and check out all the details. Pin It

6 comments:

glorygirl said...

What a beautiful story and layout!!! We desperately need the silly in this serious world of ours! Looooove everything about this one - the bold colors mixed with feminine florals, the typewritten journaling, the title treatment....love it all!

Shannon91 said...

A beautiful layout !!! J'adore ...
Bizz

Cindy Fortin said...

Absolutely awesome LO! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Nice color choice on the blog. It is really easy on my eyes and I have bad eyes too so that's a really big compliment lol
bestdigitalcamerasreview.net

Tracee said...

What a sweet funny story and so great that you got pics! Love this! Tx

nettyscrap said...

very nice créative
good scrapbooking way
Nettyscrap