Saturday, September 8, 2012

Welcome Back

Welcome to the weekend!

If you're anything like me you are feeling just a little more tired than you have been for the past two months.  The start of the new school year always seems to arrive too quickly, and feels like a whirlwind of activity, with countless forms to be filled out and returned, and a the usual school newsletters, and other pertinent information to be reviewed.

For the past few years I have been making cards to send along with the girls on the first day of school.  My hope is that a simple card will help their new teacher to feel valued and appreciated as he/she takes on a new set of students for the next 10 months of the year.

This year I created super simple "Welcome Back" cards using Lily Bee Design Double Dutch collection, and my hexagon punches. 
Rather than my usual habit of creating one-of-a-kind cards, this year, I decided to stick to the same design on all 4 cards changing it up just a bit between the two colours.  
Simple, yet cheerful.
Some of the items are from my stash, like the white trim, and office supply tags, but the rest can be found in the Let's Capture Our Memories store.  

Speaking of the store.  You may want to pop over and check out all the new Echo Park collections in there.
have all been added and are ready for purchase. 

Enjoy your Saturday friends, and happy creating!

♥ S.

Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such a sweet idea and loveeeeeeeeeee your cards!!!! Beautiful colors and loving the hexagons!!!!

Tara Elias said...

Beautiful my friend!!

Vanessa said...

I think this is a really nice idea :) They are as so pretty!

Vanessa

beckyjune said...

These are beautiful, Sherri! ♥ your work!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful, Sherri!

Tamika said...

I've been trying to stick to one design cards too its hard but yours looks beautiful. Hats off!