Monday, September 24, 2012

Let's Get Sketchy #30

It's Reveal Day!

Sketch #30 over at Let's Get Sketchy had my name all over it.
Loved the design that allowed for several small photos.  These ones of Eden getting her hair cut in June were perfect for it.

I used a paper collection, I've been hoarding for over a year.  Remember the 100 Days of Summer collection by Simple Stories?  I think it may have been their first ever collection.  I adored that line.  So much so, that I never used it.  Do you ever do that?  I created one double page layout with it, and that was that.  I loved it so much I was afraid of creating something sub-standard with it.  How ridiculous is that anyway?  Better to have photos mixed in with it, and include it in my albums where it will get views, rather than sitting on my shelf  in it's nice shiny package getting no face time.

Here's my take on this week's sketch.

Of course I needed to add a few more bits and pieces to make the sketch reflect my personal style.  And, this was my first attempt at using Gesso.  Unfortunately it's a trial an error kind of thing, and I'm not a huge fan of the huge white blotch on the bottom left of the photos, and I would have preferred just a little more to the top left of the photos, but overall I'm pretty pleased with it.

If you feel inspired to play, and want a chance at the $20 Gift Certificate to Scarptastic Kit Club this month.  Create a layout based on this sketch and link it up here.  This is also where you should go to get further inspiration, from the rest of the kind, and talented design team.

Happy scrapping friends,

♥ S. Pin It

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Sherri!
I hear ya! I used to hoard my special paper for that special layout that I'm "going to do". By the time I use it, it's old news ;)
Lovely layout. Looks like you had fun playing with gesso. Love your colors and I want those green letter stickers! lol
Take Care!

Danielle said...

Love what you did with the gesso! Great take on the sketch, my friend. I think I'm gonna participate in this one... :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh this is AWESOME!!!! I actually love the way you used the gesso and love love love the photos too!!!!

Unknown said...

this is just fabulous, love the paint, the die cut piece and the vellum/acrylic piece.... great layering!

Carla said...

Great layout - love the paint!!

Lynn said...

I love the gesso! This is so fun. I love the layers and the photos are so cute!

Lynn said...

I love what you did with the Gesso! What a great layout. The photos are so fun. Love your layering and all the details!

glorygirl said...

Great layout! The more you play with gesso, the more you will love it!!!! I love the contrast of the white against the kraft paper and the photos are awesome! Wonderful sketch, too!

Jody said...

Great Lo Sherri - And I think you did a great job with the Gesso! Thanks again for such a great weekend - you are true friend in so many ways than you know - I am very blessed to have met you!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful play with gesso and layers, Sherri! Wonderful LO!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Love all the different shapes and pieces on your layout and how you put it all together. And the gesso looks fab - great job!

Tara Elias said...

This is fabulous! Love all the bits and bobs. And yes, I totally hoard things I love. Like, Crate Paper Heart :)

Stephanie U said...

I think the gueso turned out great! Love your bracket shape too.

jenessa said...

This LO is just plain awesome! Love everything about it...I do believe it will be the one I lift =)

Melinda Garner said...

I simply love your layout, and love your first shot at gesso. I have not attempted that yet. Excellent job on the sketch!! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

I don't remember this line, but I can totally see why you love it! Yum! And all your little details highlight your pics just perfectly, Sherri!