Saturday, September 29, 2012

LCTS Reveal

Let's Capture These Sketches sketch #151 boasts patterns, blocks, and flourishes.  Here is what Kimberly created for us to play with this week.
For whatever reason, this gorgeous sketch was giving me a hard time.  I just couldn't seem  to get it to translate onto paper the way the sketch intended.  Has that ever happened to you?  I began by flipping the sketch to suit the photos that I wanted to scrap.  I think perhaps that's where my dissatisfaction came.  I was stuck on what photos I wanted to scrap, and couldn't quite make them work as well with the sketch as I would have liked.  But, still I forged ahead, and came out with a layout that to document the moment in a way that is fun, and playful, and has my fingerprints all over it. 
Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer collection
Can you see the sketch in there?  It's flipped on it's side, and mirror imaged.  I encourage you to hop over to the Let's Capture These Sketches blog to see what the rest of the DT created, there are some really great takes to be seen.

And don't  forget about the blog up happening this weekend over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  You have the remainder of the weekend to get it on the fun, and qualify for some great prizes.  You can see what I have up for grabs here.  Have fun, and happy hopping.  You can see my layout and rak here.

Be blessed this weekend!

♥ S.



Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the fun photos and that banner title!!!!!

Pam said...

what a fun sketch! i love how you added more photos on the bottom:) love how you used that line too!! one of my fave from simple stories!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

luv the Summer Fun banner :)