Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Basically Bare Mini

A quick share of a mini I made for Let's Capture Our Memories recently.

I created a mini album of our Summer.  I love the look of the 'naked' album.  I find it super easy to work with.  Where some may feel the need to cover the entire thing up with patterned paper, I actually like the look of the chipboard under my photos.  Here's my cover.  I used an old Pink Paislee Mask and some white Mr.Huey's, to create a little bit of pizazz to it.  I felt the cover needed just a little something more without adding a bunch of patterned paper.
Rather than go into detail about every page, I'll simply let them speak for themselves.  If you saw my Amy Tangerine mini, you'll remember that I love to add bits and pieces to my albums, mixing and matching different manufactures.  I used the Echo Park Happy Days collection as my base, and added just a few little bits from my stash.  For the most part all my embellishments are made of paper and/or stickers from the collection.
I combined a few photos using a brad for easy viewing under the "flip" sticker
The album comes with five chipboard inserts for the pockets.  It quickly became apparent, however that I needed a little more for this project.  No problem.  The pockets were wide enough to simply make a few more inserts out of scrap pieces of cardboard (from cereal boxes, etc) and simply add them in.  Here is an example of just that.  Both these pages fit in the same "Aug Long" pocket.
Front view
Rear view of same inserts
Here's another set of two.
Front view
Rear view of  same insert
Even after adding a few more inserts, I still had a handful of photos that I wanted to include in the album.  Solution: tape an envelope to the back page to hold  said photos.  Easy peasy.

You can see that even though I've added those extra pages, and the envelope, that the album is not terribly thick.  Still thin enough to be easily stored on my shelf with the others.

The beauty of these little albums is how quickly they make creating a fun little keepsake.  This album from start to finish took me about 3 hours.  Sometimes I can spend that on one layout, so that gives you some perspective.

The entire Echo Park - Happy Days collection and several different varieties of mini albums are all currently available in the LCOM shop.


Happy creating friends!

♥ S. Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the sunburst rays on the cover and loving the colors and photos!!!!!

Debbie P said...

Absolutely amazing job Sherri! I love it! I don't make many minis, but I need to. They are the perfect solution for a lot of photos. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tara Elias said...

What a lovely mini! A great memory for your girls to look back on :)

Tamika said...

That is so cute!

Marjolaine said...

Love this mini album, what a great way to capture your summer memories!