Monday, September 10, 2012

Let's Get Sketchy Reveal

Loved this sketch by Janessa Franco over at Let's Get Sketchy

It's the Challenge #28, and my first reveal as part of the DT, very exciting.

Here is my take on it.
As soon as I saw the circles, I knew I wanted to  switch them up to hexagons, just so I had a great excuse to use my 'new to me' hexagon punch.

I also wanted to add journaling, and the photos alone didn't really tell the story.  The sketch, in my eyes, however didn't really accommodate exposed journaling. To remedy the problem, I created a hidden pocket to slide the Chic Tags journal card into.  Smart right?!  I'll be showing you how to make your own pockets, easy, peasy next week.

This page is the result of a lot of mixing and matching different product/manufacturers (one of my fave things about working with sketches) from Echo Park, and Studio Calico, to Chic tags, Prima, and October Afternoon.

The rest of the DT had some really great takes on this sketch also.  Please pop over here to check them out, get more info on this month's gracious sponsor Scraptastic Kit Club (Jessica is graciously offering up a $20 gift certificate to her store), and link up your own creations.

Thanks for stopping in today friends, and a Happy Monday to each of you!

♥ S.

Don't forget you still have time to get in on the Lily Bee Design giveaway here.  Good luck! Pin It

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the paper strips and the hexagons!!! Great photos too!!!!!

Tara Elias said...

Love what you did with the stamp!! :) :)

Lynn said...

Love how you changed up the circles to hexagons..brilliant! You mixed the different papers so well..awesome layout!! And congrats on your first reveal!!

Carla said...

Great layout - love that you changed out the circles for hexagons!

Stephanie U said...

LOVE the hexagons!

Unknown said...

fab page! love the colours and the hexagons, the inking really make everything pop!

jenessa said...

Love love love the hexagons! This is an awesome take on my sketch =)

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful page and take on the sketch!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

glorygirl said...

Awesome layout, Sherri! I love the hexagons and all the little goodies you added to them - the buttons and brads! Awesome colors, too! I wouldn't have thought to put pink with that combo but it looks great!

Melinda Garner said...

I love your use of hexagons instead of circles. Beautiful color combo. So glad to have you part of the team! Great first reveal!

Danielle said...

Great take on the sketch, girl! Love how you used hexagons instead of the circles and love the inked edges too.

Beeceecreativity said...

the hexagons are perfect touch ..fabulous page