Monday, September 3, 2012

Let's Hear It For The Boy

For Challenge #20, Einat has brought us a new kind of challenge this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  The challenge is to focus on a special male in our life.  She reminds us about the covenant that God made with Abraham the day a lamb was sent to be sacrificed in place of Abraham's son Issac.

When I read her challenge I immediately thought of my nephew Jayden.  My brother and his wife have the cutest brown boy I've ever seen.  The kid is such a character.  He loves to tease, and play around, and climb all over my hubby.  He's quite the dancer, loves anything Spiderman, and is a little jokester to boot.  He's one of the most loving little boys I know.  When he leaves his day care, he cannot walk out the door without personally saying goodbye and delivering a hug to each child there.

Then men in my family have not done much to leave a stellar legacy for future generations.  Ephesians 6:4 reads "Fathers, don't exasperate your children by coming down hard on them. Take them by the hand and lead them in the way of the Master."  Whether it was because they, themselves have always had poor role models, or because they just had no idea how and where to start, or simply because they just didn't care, I do not know.  All I know is that Ephesians 6:4 did not ring true within the walls of my home.  My brother and I were subjected to awful rants by my father, often accompanied by a swift and rough hand to the behind.

It is only by the grace of God, and the leading of the Holy Spirit, that my brother and I are the people we are today.  My brother especially.  He grew into a kind, loving, gentle man, who leads his son with a kind, loving, and gentle hand.  He is raising Jayden in a way that affirms this little boy's value in Christ.  Jayden will have a hard time questioning his worth as a person, a chosen, and wonderfully created child of God, gifted to his parents.  With that kind of knowledge this young man will have the power to break this generational curse of ours.  He will have the strength and the wisdom, and the humility to rise up and re-write the pages of the Wesley book for future generations.  
Written on this hidden journaling card is Malachi 4:6 "He (Elijah) will convince parents to look after their children and children to look up to their parents."
I am honoured to be his Aunt.  I cherish the gift that I have, to come alongside him, and his parents as a reminder of what a gift he is to all of us, and of God's great and amazing, all encompassing, never failing love for all mankind.  A love that He demonstrated so boldly in giving up His son Jesus to die for each one of us.  Rather than a life doomed to eternal loss, we have been giving the opportunity to live in eternity with our Heavenly Father.  There is no denying the presence of God for me.  No denying the power of the Holy Spirit when I look at myself in the mirror, or when I look at my brother, and especially when I consider the possibility of restoration that Jayden could bring to the Wesley name for future generations.

To see what men the rest of the DT chose to lift up please pop over to Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  There, you will also see the scrap twist for the month, as well as get the details on our gracious sponsor and the prize up for grabs.

Have a wonderful Monday friends,

♥ S.

Pin It

8 comments:

Tanya said...

This a stunning LO Sherri, I absolutely love the layering and the color combo...and I have to say that little guy is a cutie in a big way, you can hear your pride in your brother, what an amazing thing to feel :)

Debbie P said...

What a lovely layout and what a cutie pie he is! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I also just became a follower of your blog as well. You do amazing work. It will be great to get to know you!

Laurie said...

love this page, I love how you clustered everything in the middle, very fun details! thanks for stopping over at my blog and your lovely comments, I hope you enjoy the lgs team, can't find a nicer group of ladies or a better "boss" to work for :) It's my fave DT to date :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

He is just the cutest little boy!!! I love love love his facial expressions and loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!!!! LOVING all the bits on here!!!!! Thanks for visiting and following me ... I am following you now too!! I loveeeeeee your bloggy!!! :)

glorygirl said...

Amen! He alone makes all things new. This was such an inspiring post to read. And that boy is ADORABLE!!!! Thanks for sharing your praise with us. Our God is more than able...

Toni Herron said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this boy page!!
simply adorable!!

Toni..
http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/

kate blue said...

loving!!!

Peneeeee said...

Those faces are great but I love the background. Very cute! TFS!