Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beautiful Moments

I received the August Scrapbook Nook kit ages ago, and finally had a chance to play with it.  I wanted to make something that I could start and finish quickly, as I only had a couple of hours.  Needless to say I resorted to the style I began scrapping with.  The basic straight lines, with layers and a few stickers.  Simple, but worked great for me with this photo of Théa, and her two little Dance buddies.
Using Carta Bella Beautiful Moments collection
This was taken shortly before they performed at the Canadian National Dance Competition this past May.  Those little outfits were so stinkin' cute, and the three of them looked just gorgeous up there on the stage.  It's amazing to see how far they've come in the mere 5 years they've been dancing.  They're only 10, I can't even begin to imagine what they'll be doing when they're 13 and 15 years old.  KickIt Dance Studio has been such a huge, huge blessing in our lives, I can barely put it into words.  The directors are two of the kindest, most encouraging, dedicated people I know.  Not to mention the high level of talent they share with their students.  They run a fabulous Dance Camp every year, and bring in the strongest and best teachers in each field to teach classes during the Intensive week.  They treat the kids with respect, and challenge them to bring their best all the time.  In turn the kids treat each other in the same regard.  It is especially noticeable as you observe the older dancers (13-17), interact with the younger ones.  We are so happy we've found a home here.

There is a hidden journal tag on this layout.  The half scalloped journal spot pulls out to reveal the following journaling: "These 3 are so fortunate to have found each other as dance mates at KickIt. They push each other, and genuinely love each other.  Competition is even more fun as they dance as friends.  May 2012"

I'm up over at Let's Capture Our Memories today with a little tutorial on how I created the hidden pocket if you'd like to have a peek.  The LCOM store also has the Carta Bella paper line in stock and ready to ship.  You can check it out here.

Thanks for stopping by today friends.  Hope you're in the middle of a great weekend.

♥ S. Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the photo and loveeeeeeeeeee that floral trim!!

Debbie P said...

What a gorgeous layout! Love the photo. They are so full of sass! Wonderful job!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful photo and layout!