Sunday, March 17, 2013

Seeing Starts

A new challenge is up at Chic Tags today.  It's all about stars.  I've had this mediocre photo of us with some friends since last April.  I've put it off time and again because it's not the best quality.  The memory of it, however is still so vivid that I could put it off no longer.  I thought It was fitting with the star theme.  We were invited to join our friends in a suite at the MTS Centre to watch the Winnipeg Jets play their final game of their first season back in the NHL.  The atmosphere in the arena was so electric.  Fans were so loud, and so supportive of this beloved team.  At the end of the game each of the starters' jerseys were raffled off to a fan in attendance.  It was an emotional ending to an emotional season.  I felt blessed to have been able to be in attendance to witness it.  All thanks to a call from Deb & Terry.
I used my silhouette to cut out some tone on tone starts, outlined them with red marker, and machine stitched them to the cardstock.
I kept it pretty simple this week, but added a few more inked up veneer stars, a handful of sequins, and a Crate paper button to finish things off.
Journaling reads "We were super excited when Deb called to say her brother had 2 extra tickets for the final Jets game of the season.  I thought I would never get the chance to see a game live, as tickets are almost impossible to come by.  The game was even more exciting than I thought it would be.  It may have ended in a loss, but he arena was alive with excitement from start to finish."

Hop over to the Chic Tags blog to see more star laden examples, and link up your own creation.  As always Veronica has a great prize up for grabs.  Hope to see you play along.

Thanks for popping in, have a wonderful Sunday friends! Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How exciting it would have been to be there!! LOVING your lo!! LOVEEEEEEEEE all the stars!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Awesome layout Sherri! Love how you made the stars with the Silhouette.:)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This such a cool layout! Love the white space - really makes the photo stand out!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those star elements, such a fun layout, great evening to remember. We are big hockey fans too!

Tamika said...

I love the sewn stars in circles.