Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Leaving Paradise

Another challenge was revealed today at Use It Tuesday.  This one is all about die cuts.  Whether it's the tradition die cuts that come in various collection, or even ones you've created yourself with your die cut machine, we are challenging you to use em up.

I bought a Silhouette Cameo back in October.  In November the Silhouette store put on a fabulous deal for an entire week in the name of Black Friday.  All cut files were 50% off.  Part of the deal when I purchased my cameo was that I got a $20 gift card towards the store.  The class I signed up for at Studio Calico to learn the basics of my machine also came with a $20 gift card, so I made a big dent in my credit during that week.  Needless to say more than half of my cut files have yet to be used.  I took this challenge as a great opportunity to break out a few new ones and put them to good use.
This layout boasts several new Maggie Holmes papers, combined with old items from my stash, including 5 month old, untouched cut files form the Silhouette store.
The brand new Maggie Holmes collaboration with Crate Paper is just delightful.  The patterns are so perfectly vintage girlie.  The colours matched perfectly with this photo of the gorgeous sunset our last day in Mexico back in February.  That trip still is so clearly full of sweet thankfulness for the time away just the two of us.  Four days of tropical, sunshiny, white sand, turquoise water, perfected bliss in Quinta Roo, Mexico (just outside of Playa del Carmen).
All the brand and buttons are from older Crate Paper lines.
I managed to get our hotel key card right onto the layout
Love this layout, it's the perfect blend of old meet new.  Check out what the rest of the DT pulled out of their stash to use this week.  You can even link up your own take on the challenge right here.  Use It Tuesday is all about getting us to use up all the goodies we bought but have not yet managed to use up, so just remember let us know what exactly you used from your stash.  If you're our top pick you could find yourself guesting for us down the road.

Thanks for stopping in friends.  Hope to see you link up. Pin It

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the doily background, the photo and love love love all the layers!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love this one.

Debbie P said...

Beautiful photo and I love all the layers!

Debbie P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Way to use it Sherri! Love your design, layers and details. Awesome layout!:)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Gorgeous layout as always! I love all the embellies!

Stacey
DT sister

Tamika said...

Gorgeous layout I LOVE all of the layers and the title work.