Monday, March 25, 2013

A Colour Challenge

Hooray for Spring Break on the prairies.  We are currently in Calgary spending it with friends of ours.  Skiing is in order, and we can't wait.  Not to worry, however, I've sheduled a few blog posts for you to come throughout the week.

There's something new going on this week at Let's Get Sketchy.  I really love how Brenshevia likes to mix it up on the months were there are five Mondays.  This month it's a  colour combo challenge mixed in with the regular sketch challenge.

Here are the colours we were to work with.

Can you tell someone was thinking Christmas when she came up with this one?  I was determined to try and be creative with the challenge and use anything but Christmas photos to scrap, despite the fact the colours screamed out for festive photos.  Enter Bailey's over ice.  It's a little thing I do occasionally in the evenings when the kids are in bed and I have a few quiet moments to myself.  I often do it over Christmas holidays (which I suppose does make it a Christmas photo after all, haha).  I also do it at the lake while sitting around the fire at night.
Used up a lot of old product on this one
Petaloo flowers, and leaves, and some old Studio Calico stickers
An old October Afternoon sticker, and MME tickets
And here's Brenshevia's sketch
Hop over here to see what the rest of the team did with this week's challenge, and link up your own creation. Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and the layers!!

Tamika said...

The papers coordinate so lovely!

Debbie P said...

You used the color combo perfectly! I love this! Especially the chicken wire masking! Beautiful job!

Lynn said...

Love how you did your layout using the white background. Great work with the sketch and the challenge!

MichelleMc said...

This is so perfectly fabulous and fun! You've really nailed the challenge. Love the masking and fun embellies.