Thursday, April 2, 2015

On Pointe

I have been holding onto this photo that my daughter snapped one day while watching her friends practice before Pointe class.
This photo perfectly sums up why it is that so many little girls want to grow up to become ballerinas.  There is just something so attractive about pretty, pink pointe shoes.  Pair them with a beautiful tutu, and we're sold.


The colours in the Paper Camellia March Kit are so soft and feminine it was finally time to scrap this memory.  I used some 3D adhesive to pop the tiny close up photo off the page, and added a little chipboard butterfly and gemstone to embellish it, making it stand apart just a bit.

I am a sucker for seam binding , and love the Ria includes it so frequently in her kits. Here all I did was weave a piece of thread through it with a needle and gathered it a bit creating a pletes.   I used my sewing machine to stitch it down.  I am only sad that I did not place it a little further down from the base of my photo, I miscalculated how much of the pointe shoes would be covered once the ribbon was stitched down.  Live and learn right?

Thanks for stopping by today friends! Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo gorgeous! LOVING those photos!!!!

Leanne said...

So sweet. Great photo!

Leslie Germain said...

What a fabulous picture and gorgeous layout!! My daughter just started pointe this year and LOVES it!! You may have inspired me to do a page of just her on her toes!!!