Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Blog your heart
I've been a fan of Stephanie Howell's blog for some time now. A while back she invited her readers to join her as she blogged one day a month whatever was on her mind. No theme, no layouts, or scrap business, just whatever was on her heart at that point in time. I really liked the idea and tucked it in the back of my mind to use at some point on my own blog. Today is the the day. I thought it would be a great way to finish NaBoPo (National Blog Posting Month). Here's what's been on my heart these days.
1. I am pretty proud of myself for having blogged every single day (and twice in one day a couple of weeks ago) this month. I have a ton of respect for those who do it all the time, especially those who actually have something to say each day, and don't just throw up a photo for the day.
2. I've had a real sense of blessing lately when ever I grocery shop. Sounds weird, I know, but for some reason the last few times I've stopped to pick up groceries I've been overcome with gratefulness as I'm loading the back of my van with everything my family needs, and even things we just simply want, to fill our tummies. I thank God that we have all we could ever need here in North America, it is a luxury so many people on this planet cannot afford.
3. I've still not set decorated our home for Christmas. I've noticed this year, that many people in our neighbourhood put up their tree on Remembrance Day. I have never noticed before that a lot of people seem to do this. I think the fact that we have 3 birthdays in our home between November 20 and December 10th is what keeps me from doing it any earlier than the second week of December. We also prefer a real tree, so that prevents us from putting one up too soon.
4. I'm wanting to change up the look of my blog and go to something really simple. Clean lines and only a pop of colour. The only thing stopping my, is the time involved. Whenever I've changed the look of my blog I end up getting sucked into it, adding this, removing that and tweaking away for an hour or so before I'm happy with it. I've decided to leave it alone for now, until I have some undivided time to devote to it.
5. I've been enjoying my job at the Scrapbook Cottage, and feel privileged to be there every time I walk through the door. The girls I'm working with are all so sweet. We all come from such different backgrounds, it makes for a lot to talk when we're not serving customers.
6. I'm feeling more tired these days than usual. I don't know if it's the fact that I haven't worked out in a few months (oh the shame, but there's no time), or the fact that there's less sunshine these days, or simply the fact that I'm on my feet a few more hours per week now that I'm working, and my old body has to get use to it.
7. I'm looking for some good ideas for a vacation for our family this winter. We've decided not to go skiing as we have for the past 2 years, but now need something else to do. It was nice to have something to look forward to in the cold winter months. I'd really like to take the family to Disney World, but don't even know where to start to book it. I've heard of amazing deals some are able to get. I want one of those too :)
8. Feeling grateful for my mother and father in-law, who have so graciously agreed to watch our girls this weekend, so D and I could get away to Banff for a couple of nights. I am so looking forward to the fresh mountain air, and getting to spend some time alone with my honey. It has been such a busy year for him. A lot of travel, a lot of early mornings, and a lot of late nights. This will hopefully make up for all the date nights we've skipped over the last 9 months or so.
9. Lastly, I'm looking forward to a fun announcement that should be made next week. Can't wait to share it with you.
That's about it for me. See, no order in particular, just what's been on my heart.
What do you say I invite you to join me on this Blog Your Heart out journey? I'll shoot Stephanie an email to make sure she's okay with me using her idea, and we'll go from there. I'm thinking the last day of every month will be 'Blog Your Heart Day'. How you get involved is simply do one of two things. If you have a blog, do your own entry for the day, and leave me a comment telling me you've done so, and I'll pop over and read what's on your heart that day too. If you don't have a blog, simply blog your heart in my comments section, and I'll read all about what's on your heart right here. Sound good? Who's in?
Happy Wednesday friends. Thanks so much for stopping by friends! Oh and don't forget about the the Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop. Lots of craftiness, prizes, deals and plenty of inspiration.
♥ S. Pin It