Friday, March 13, 2015

Our Summer Thing

The March Kit from Paper Camellia was full of the fabulous new I AM collection by Simple Stories.
I just love the colours and the textures of the chipboard elements. The journaling in the layout pretty much says it all.  I love musicals, and we are lucky enough here to have a fantastic amphitheatre that draws world wide talent to the city every summer to perform 2 different musicals over July and August.  I am thrilled that my girls (and even the hubs for the most part) love the singing and dancing as much as I do.  We try hard to make it to at least one show of the summer.  It's a little on the pricy side but so worth the money for a musical filled family night in Winnipeg.

I don't know about you, but I am still a sucker for banners, and this chipboard banner is no exception.  To prevent the adhesive from wanting to lift I added just a little machine stitching to the white portions of the pennants.

It was way to perfect a match to not add this gold doily from my stash to the chipboard cluster at the top of the page. And I kind of wish I had a lifetime supply of those perfect gold sparkly Heidi Swapp alphabets.  That way I could hoard some and use the rest.  I know you know what I'm talking about.

The March Add On Kits may be sold out, but there are still a few March Main Kits available in the store, you can get your hands on one right here.

This layout was based on the March Sketch.
Did you know that you can play along for a chance at a $10 gift certificate to the Paper Camellia store?  Link up your take on this sketch in this blog post.


Thanks for stopping by today friends!

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the feathers, the banner and that you included the ticket!!!!

Ruth G said...

I love the little touches of gold on your page and how you did your title with the two alphas. Your stitching is a wonderful addition all around! TFS!

Unknown said...

so pretty! love the soft misting design and all your embellishing!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! I love your take on the sketch!