Friday, December 16, 2011

A Layout & A Winner

Happy Friday friends,

Exciting plans for the weekend?  I bet a lot of you are already in the swing of some early family gatherings.  We are feeling the need for a break around here.  I think the fact the the kids are in school right to the end of next week, dh is working a lot of extra hours, the sun only shines for a few hours a day, and it's grey and drab more days than not outside is leaving something to be desired these days.  Rather than a sense of joy and excitement, we're just simply maintaining the status quo.  I have no doubt those "feeling" will come.  Sometimes, however, we have to will ourselves to believe it before we can feel it.  Wouldn't you agree?  I, for one am looking forward to the relaxed pace of Christmas break.  I think the whole family is.  The girls are getting a new game for Christmas, that I'm hoping will be a hit, and something we can enjoy as a family.  I'm also thinking that some scheduled 'family play dates' are in order over the holidays to create some time to just be together, enjoying one another.  What kind of traditions do you have for Christmas break (kids or not), I'd love to hear them.

I created a layout the other day.  It's all about me.  I had the idea to document some of the things that define me at 37.  It seemed like the proper way to say goodbye to that year, before welcoming in 38.  This was my first attempt at painting on my page.  I have a lot to learn, let's just leave it at that :)  Because it's been so long since I've scrapped I felt a little lost when putting this page together.  It actually sat on my table for 3 days before I glued it all down.  I just wasn't loving it, but couldn't figure out what exactly needed to be changed about it.  In the end, I decided to just glue it down, and move on for fear of not getting it done at all.  I used the new My Mind's Eye Funday line, along with some Jillibean Soup, Pink Paislee, Studio Calico, and Basic Grey.  The doily is actually by "Touch" the makers of plastic plates, cups and cutlery you can find in any supermarket.  They were a great deal, a package of 30, in 3 different sizes for $1.50.
This is what the 10 points say:
(1) I cry easily - even during commercials
(2) I walk the thin line between normalcy and OCD
(3) My Grade 12 Math teacher failed my twice, it irritates me to this day.
(4) I've wanted a nose ring for years.  Eight days before my 38th birthday I got one.
(5) I love watching football, even more when I'm alone (no one shushes me)
(6) My feet are almost alwasy cold.
(7) I get so ridiculously attached to book characters, that I physically miss them once I finish.
(8) It concerns me daily that I may fail my children as a mother.
(9) I've always wanted an older sister, and still do.
(10) I have no doubt that if it were not for the grace of God, my life would look utterly and completely different than it does today.  I am so grateful.

I have another layout to share with you on Monday for the Sketch Challenge that will be posted over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to follow me, and enter my Valentine's themed giveaway.  Random.Org selected number 16 as the lucky winner.

Congratulations Kate!  Please email me your snail mail and I'll get your goodies in the mail for you asap.

Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful weekend friends.


♥ S. Pin It

7 comments:

Lilith Eeckels said...

I love it. You look great and I love reading about you. I also always have cold feet. Guess who's my number one buddy when I go to bed: my hot-water bottle.

Annika said...

I love your layout! Beautiful! And so great to document yourself. I must do one like that too. Blessings!

xoxo... t said...

Absolutely love your LO, and congreatulations to Kate!

Kate Vickers said...

Gorgeous layout, Sherri! Thanks for drawing me!!! Woohoo! :-) I will email you with my contact info. Thanks so much!

Leigh Penner said...

Great layout and list, Sheri! I am the same as you, in regards to #2, #7 & #10. :)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fab layout Sherri, you gorgeous girl you! I think the painting looks great.:)

Cathy said...

LOVE this layout! I used to do yearly b-day layouts too and then for a few years I didn't feel like celebrating the milestones b/c I wasn't where I'd wanted to be by that age....this year I'm doing one again to celebrate 40! Thanks for the kick :)