Friday, September 2, 2011

Raise your hand if you're ready for a Long Weekend

Whoot, whoot it's the Long Weekend.   What are you plans?

I am so looking forward to shutting it all down, and heading out to the lake with the fam and friends.  No computer, no phone ringing, no (DH's) Blackberry buzzing every couple of minutes, you get the idea.  Just the water, good food, good friends, and all the time in the world to be in God's beautiful creation, enjoying being together.  Bring it on.

It's been a wonderfully scrappy week, and I thank you all  for your kind and encouraging words.  I love that I can share my scrappy creations here, and know that there are others out there who appreciate seeing them.  And all your well wishes with the Nook DT search really makes my heart swell.  I'll miss 4 days on the Forum while I'm away, I certainly hope I don't miss too much.  The new DT will be announced on Sept 8th.  Here's hoping.

No scrappy shares today, but how about 10 Random Facts?

  1. My favorite colour is purple
  2. I love thunderstorms, but usually sleep right through them
  3. I've always said I'd never own a dog, but currently own a white miniature Poodle named Wilson.
  4. I'm not a morning person, but neither am I a night person.  I am a solid afternoon person :)
  5. I almost always wear socks to bed
  6. If I don't drink at least one cup of coffee in the morning, I get a headache
  7. I was 27 the first time I tried Caesar salad. 
  8. I could watch HGTV all day long if I was allowed
  9. If Coke is unavailable I will absolutely not drink Pepsi as an alternative
  10. I don't keep every piece of art work my kids bring home, never have.

On a side note, if you are at all into musicals then you have to be sure to see Wicked when it's in your city.  I went last night with a girl friend, and was not disappointed.  So neat to peek inside the story of the two witches before they were known as "THE witches".  The costumes, the set, the special effects, the music, all so, so good.

Happy Labor Day to my US friends.  And a Happy Labour Day to all my Canadian friends.  Enjoy the extra day off all.  As always, thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the world.

See you in about a week.

♥ S. Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to know you a little better !