Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Last Weekend of the Summer

Happy Tuesday friends!  Everyone was up early here today, as if it truly were the first day of school.  Dressed, beds made, grooming done, and breakfast eaten by 8:45.  Whew!  All I know is we're all in for a rude awakening tomorrow, when we have to be out of the house by 8:10, that's a 35 minute gap to be accounted for.  Wish me luck.

It was a chilly weekend here in Manitoba.  The lake turned out to be a little less fun than anticipated, as we were quite chilly for the most part.  I didn't even bother to walk down to the beach.  Needless to say, we packed it in and came home on Sunday afternoon.  A little disappointing, as the time away didn't unfold as I had anticipated.  We still enjoyed the pig roast, and the steak dinner, albeit in the rain for both, but gaming, and relaxing with a good book simply is not the same when one cannot stop shivering.  The girls also missed Halloween (something they do at the lake every September Long Weekend).  The good news is, that D and I made a little game of Halloween here, at home, instead.  The girls got dressed up, well the younger two anyway, and went searching all over the basement for a few treats we had hidden. 

T was convinced these capris were appropriate Cowgirl fashion.



E was a Hula girl :)  This was the costume she wore for her Surfin' Safari number at The Manitoba Dance Festival.
We also made it home in time to watch our local Football team get their butts kicked by our division rivals in the second biggest game of the year.  Again, not how I had anticipated it unfolding.  But there's something to be said for history.  Our team has lost this Labour Day Classic game in Saskatchewan every year since 2004.  Next week it's our turn to host the Banjo Bowl against said team, and we're not use to losing that one.  It is the biggest, and most celebrated game of the season.  Aside from football, we did some sprucing up around here, setting up those 5 Expedite units we brought home from Ikea a couple of weeks ago, clearing out the girls' closets, and a little reorganizing, and cleaning all around.

I did manage to finish setting up my scrap space.  I've added a couple more Jet Max storage units, an Expedite, and some cute boxes.  Now I just need to get some things up on the wall, and it will actually feel more like home.  Here are a couple of layouts I pulled together on Sunday night.

Celebrating a sparkly night out with friends.  Used the December Nook kit featuring MME


Added to the design by stitching a circle around the photo, also effectively holding the alphas in place.

I trimmed one of the chipboard banners, and added Stickles, and MME brads to the Maya Road snowflakes.

Celebrating Isabelle's first year in Jazz class. Used papers, and trim from the Sept Studio Calico Boardwalk kit.
Flower made from Pink Paislee mistable trim.  I used Studio Calico Bluegrass Mr. Huey, and added a smaller AC trim flower topped with a Crate brad.

I wanted a quilt look, so I stitched the squares with my machine

I stitched the letters on to prevent them falling off.  I really dislike the fact that AC alphas don't hold their adhesive.
Hope your week is off to a great start friends,

♥ S. Pin It

2 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Such cute photos Sherri! Love your layouts! I really like how you stitched the little squares. So very cool!:)

Tanya said...

Having a serious Love affair with these LO's :)