Friday, July 19, 2013

Another Week of PL

June 16-22, was a busy one.  Hence the number of photos this week.  Seems as though the end of school is always a little nuts.  Lots of field trips, class parties, and 3 Dance Recitals, and Father's Day to start it all off.


Notice anything missing on that top page?  Um yes, that would be the date.  It wasn't until I uploaded them here that I realized I never added it, haha.  I'll be sure to do that before I forget.

The next week I'll be posting will be my first one using this kit.

It's the brand new PL kit by Scraptastic Club.  Lots of colour, and little embellies to make it fun.  Keep an eye out for it this weekend.

Next week I'll be at Summer CHA 2013 in Vegas.  I can't wait to see my friend, and gracious host Carol most of all.  This will also be the first time that I will get to meet Veronica and Albert the owners of Chic Tags and the couple responsible for giving me my first break in this great big scrappy world. Being a member of their DT has introduced me to some super sweet ladies all over the globe, and allowed me to play and grow in my scrappy skills in a way I could not have otherwise.  Tags are my go to embellishment when creating, and it's all because of them.  Really hoping to meet up with some of my IG scrappy friends too.  I love being a wife, and a mother.  Being here for my girls before and after school, being available for them even now on Summer holidays, even with all the driving, and birthday parties (yes, really.  There have been 3 thus far, and another one tomorrow), and sleep overs, and errands...  I am so very grateful to be the mother who gets to do all those things with them, but man I am pooped.  Thus far summer has been far busier than usual, and we have yet to get out to the lake.  I just need to get away.  CHA, Vegas, 6 days, no meal prep, no driving and picking up of children, well let's just say it sounds pretty dreamy to me.

I'm really hoping to take as many photos as possible of the show and various booths.  The plan is to blog as much as I can.  We'll see how that goes.  I may just take a break all together and simply post my photos on Instagram, until I return.  We'll see.  If you're not already please come and follow me on IG, my username is: sherrifunk.  If you're not on IG you can still see all my photos here.

On a side note, when I get back this should be waiting for me.  My friend Jennifer Chapin was super generous and offered it up on her blog earlier this week.  I was the lucky winner.  Kaitlin knocked it out of the park with her first collection.   I just love the colour combo, and think it's going to be great for Project Life.
I also have a guest design spot coming up in August that I'm excited to tell you about.  But you'll have to wait until I get back from CHA to hear about that one.  I'll be sure to post sneaks of the collection I'm working with also.

Thanks so much for stopping in today, I hope you have a wonderful weekend in store. Pin It

No comments: