Monday, December 24, 2012

the Rockn' Roller Coaster

It's Christmas Eve! 

I can't wait for our church service tonight, and to enjoy our yearly tradition of The Polar Express with hot chocolate and popcorn before bed. 

I bet most of you are deep in the throws of Christmas gatherings, traveling home, and/or hosting family and friends.  For those that are ahead of the game however, I have a little Let's Get Sketchy inspiration for you to enjoy over the holiday.  Here is my take on this week's sketch by Tabitha Triplett.


I used JIllibean Soup papers, and double layered the hearts to create a more dimensional effect. The photo is one taken during the Rockin' Roller Coaster ride at Hollywood Studios in Florida.  If you enlarge the photo you can see the look of sheer terror on Théa's face.  I still laugh out loud when I look at this photo almost one year later.  She was so freaked out thinking the entire ride would be in the pitch black.  The girls and I had waited in line for just over 60-mins to enjoy this ride, so there was no way I was letting her miss out on it.  That, plus the fact that I wasn't sure where the rest of our family that had been waiting for us were.  I didn't want to just let her wander back outside all alone, nor did I want to give up our spot, and have to wait all over again.  So she was stuck going on the ride.  After the initial shock, she managed just fine.

Here is Tabitha's sketch. 

Playing along with 3 out of the 4 challenges this month will see you entered into our draw to win a fabulous prize from our sponsor C'est Magnifique Kits.  Hope you'll get a chance over the holidays to create something.  Please pop over here to see what the rest of the DT created with Tabitha's sketch.

Thanks for stopping by today.  From my family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas, and hope you experience the blessings of season as you spend time with loved ones over the next week. Pin It

8 comments:

Véro said...

Love this layout! I did this ride too at Walt Disney, was amazing!! :)

Monique Liedtke said...

Haha , so recognizable that story! Love the photo and your layout is just perfect! Have a merry Christmas too my friend!!

Lynn said...

Ha! Very funny. I love it. I love your new blog design... it's awesome! Merry Christmas Sherri! xo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this!!!! What a great (and fun!!!) memory to scrap!! I loveeeeeeee the hearts!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Leigh Penner said...

What a super layout!
Merry Christmas, Sherri!

Christy said...

I really love this! What great papers! :)

MichelleMc said...

Beautiful page, Sherri! Love the pps, layers, and hearts. Hope you had a very blessed Christmas. I also hope that I've not upset you somehow, I just noticed that you are no longer listed in my followers.

Melinda Garner said...

Love this layout, Sherri! Love the pp's and that picture is priceless!