Monday, December 3, 2012

The Good Life

Happy Monday friends, I hope you each had a wonderful weekend.  Can you believe it's December already?  The beginning of a new month also means it's time for a new Challenge over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  Tracey had us focus on the joy of the Season this month.  To me, the Christmas season is a time to be thankful first and foremost for the baby that came to save the wold.  The gift of salvation is the greatest gift I've ever received.  Second to that would be my family, and that would not have been possible without the unconditional love of this man.  The love of my life for the past 16, soon to be 17 years.  My joy is found in everything he is connected to.  He is a wonderful and hardworking provider for our family.  A hands on dad, who takes a genuine and daily interest in all three of his girls.  He puts up with all my type A personality-ness, and occasional nagging.  He is my biggest cheerleader, and a wonderful example to our girls of the type of man they should, one day, expect in their lives to grow old with.

The twist this month is to use bling, or sparkle on your layout.  I chose to add some My Mind's Eye bling, and some Studio Calico Shine to my layout (sorry they're a little difficult to see with the white backgroud).  Here are some close ups.

Cut file from Studio Calico


I loved this All Is Bright Collection from My Mind's Eye so much I didn't want to reserve it only for Christmas photos.  I think it looks great with everyday photos too.

You'll want to pop over to the SEM blog to check out what the other dt members created, and see who our generous sponsors are for the month.  That's right...sponsors, as in plural.  We are fortunate enough to have two prizes up for grabs this month.  There will be one for the Main Challenge, as well as one for the Sketch Challenge (which I will be posting for you in 2 weeks).  You can see all the details here.

Thanks so much for popping in today.  I hope you feel inspired to go and create a layout that focuses on your own blessings.

♥ S. Pin It

16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the stitched rays!!!

Becky said...

you two are so cute! :)

Debbie P said...

Wow Sherri, this is awesome! Love it!

Lynn said...

Love your photo and the story about your husband. It's so wonderful to see such a happy couple. I love your project!! The stitched layers, the elements...just gorgeous!

Laurie said...

love this layout, and the photo is great! you are right, this mme line is good for other themes besides holidays :)

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous layout, Sherri! I especially love the stitching on your triangles of patterned paper on the left hand side-- very cool!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love!

Mag said...

Really love your LO ! And you're totaly roght : it is so important That the dad could be an example for his daughter...

MichelleMc said...

Fantastic stitching and colors! Beautiful photo! Love, love your LO!

Cara G said...

Absolutely love this layout Sherri....love the cute pics of you and your hubby, the reverse image word tag, and the sunburst! So, so cute!!!

Pam said...

this is stunning, girl! love this design so so much! those are great pictures of you guys-so cute!!

Tracey Gregory said...

This is so sweet and genuine! You are blessed!

glorygirl said...

This is so great, Sherri! I love the combo of colors here, the cure little people and the mini sunburst! Sooooo GREAT!

Marjolaine said...

I love this so much I pinned it!

Felicity Ives said...

You are so right about this MME collection, it is great for any layout, but, having said that, what you have created is beautiful! I love the little sprinkling of sparkle and the detail of machine stitching x

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

What a wonderful tribute to your man! Love the design on this layout and all the pretty details!