Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Some Really Good Friends

Although I really think a mini album is in order to document all the our sweet girl went through a few weeks ago, I've started to get some of the event & emotions tied to it down on paper with this layout created for the {aflairforbuttons} blog.
I was really wanting to work with the Pink Paislee Summer Solstice collection for this layout, and discovered that I had not purchased many embellishments for some reason, just the gold puffy stickers.  No worry, one look through my flair buttons and I quickly came up with Cork flair, a perfect match for these colours and patterns.  Cork is an easy texture, and colour to mix into many types of crafty projects.

How great is this arrow from the Cork 1 flair set?  I could have an entire package of just this one button design and I would be a happy girl.

Cork 1 flair set
The love button from the Cork 2 flair set expresses exactly how I feel about each of the girls in this photo.  After several days of our 12 year old being in so much pain, and a failed trip to the emergency room, we finally got Théa admitted to the Children's Hospital where they performed a CT scan that revealed a mass.  This was the beginning of a nerve wracking week, but at least we knew the pain was being managed until surgery could be performed one and a half days later.  The night after she was admitted, her 2 besties came to visit.  It was a most welcome visit for all of us, and an important night to document.  Thankfully she is home and almost completely recovered now.  Someday I'll document the whole thing, as a wonderful reminder of all that is precious, and how grateful I am the the many ways so many of YOU supported us through it


Pin It

3 comments:

Tamika said...

Beautiful love how you pulled in the yellow from the pants in the photo too brillant!

Leslie Germain said...

What a gorgeous page. Sorry to hear that your daughter and you had to go through such a scary time. Glad to hear things are better. Sorry I haven't been around. I have been a little MIA from blogging! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the photo!!!