Monday, November 17, 2014

Pinspire Me Monday

Toni From has a fun and creative "shove me outta my box" Pinspire Me post up on the Paper Issues blog today.  It was so out of my comfort zone that I just had to play along.

Here is my layout using all sorts of scrap bits of paper I've had kicking around for way too long.
This sweet photo was taken on Eden's 11th Birthday.  We went out for brunch, and were waiting for our table of 13, when she climbed up on her daddy's lap for a little snuggle.  I love the way she adores her dad.
Here is Toni's Inspiration photo, pulled from Pinterest.
Okay, so it's not that much of a stretch from this photo, I used strips.  The truth is that I had initially wanted to cut a bunch of thin strips and layer them all willy nilly over my page as a background.  Believe me, I tried.  But I just couldn't do it, no matter how much I wanted to break from from my symmetrical loving Type A personality, I simply couldn't stick the strips down and leave them that way.  Hence the more "yeah, this looks like a Sherri Funk layout" layout.  

What do you see when you look at this photo?  Are you inspired to create?  Link up with us at Paper Issues and you could be our next featured layout.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Happy Monday friends!
Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love your lo! LOVING the strips and the sweet photo!!!!

Unknown said...

I love all the strips just the way you did it :) love all the mix of papers, and that photo is precious!

Kim said...

This Is just so pretty SHerri!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So very pretty! Neat idea for using your scraps! Love the trees!