Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Great Grid & A Farewell

Creative Scrappers Sketch #269 is live, and it's a really fun grid design, one of my favourite "go-tos" when stumped for creativity.  I decided to use the design to create a layout celebrating our family members.

I used the Apri Swag Bag from Paper Issues to create this layout.  Everything except for the cardstock came in the swag bag, so many funny little bits and pieces to incorporate into your project.  I especially love the the #5 wood veneer, and #18 plastic bingo chip came in my bag as both numbers have significance to me.
You can see that this layout would also be perfect for pocket style scrapping, especially if you use the Simple Stories page protectors with all the 2x2 pockets.
The cut file is perhaps one of my favourite freebies I've ever discovered through Pinterest.  It is a print created by Vanessa Brady, and you can find both the print and the Silhouette cut file here on her blog.  And how awesome is that ampersand wood veneer?  I used gold embossing powder to add a little bling to mine.
See that little embellishment pocket.  I created it by simply taking the spare plastic from an empty embellishment package, cutting it to size and then using my sewing machine to stitch the pocket closed.  The #5 represents the 5 people in our family, and the #18 represents the number of years we have been married.  Pretty cool, that those are the numbers I ended up with in my Swag Bag.
I was initially stumped on how to use this multi-quadrant grid design, but now I'm so happy with the way it turned out.  Love seeing my girls each in their own place.

Wanna play along with us this month.  Link up and you'll be entered to win your chance at a kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  You have until May 31st to link up a new creation.  You can get a little more inspo by hopping over to the Creative Scrappers blog to see how the other designers used the sketch.

This post, is also is my farewell post to Kristine and the crew at Creative Scrappers.  It has been a really delight working with Kristine.  Being a part of this team was the first ever scrappy goal I ever set for myself.  It's kind of surreal that now the dream has been fulfilled, and I'm already moving on. I want to say a huge thank you to Kristine for believing in me, and my talent.  It was a real pleasure working with yours and Jenny's sketches month after month, they have really helped me to push the limits and see outside the box, to create something wonderful.  I wish you and the new team a very fun term, and look forward to new reveals, each Sunday. Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous!! Loving the colors, the photos and the stitching!!!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fun take and great photos of you all!

Miriam Prantner said...

Perfect! Love how you used the swag bag and each of the grid elements, such a great layout. Sad to see you going, love your CS layouts!

Ashley Horton said...

Love this Sherri!! Great idea doing the family layout, and having a pic of each of you!! And I really love your take on the sketch!! I'll miss seeing your layouts in the reveal!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous layout, Sherri! I'm sorry you won't be designing for Creative Scrappers anymore -- I loved seeing the layouts you made based on the sketches!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous layout, Sherri! I'm sorry you won't be designing for Creative Scrappers anymore -- I loved seeing the layouts you made based on the sketches!