Friday, August 3, 2012

Reveal #143

This week we were given the privilege of working with a unique sketch by JJ.  All the squares, and straight lines were right up my ally. 
Sketch 143
The design allows for several modifications, as the squares could either be interpreted as photos, blocks of patterned paper or journal spots.  Here is my interpretation.
The photos are of our resident joker: Miss Eden.  One morning while she was suppose to be getting ready for school, she showed up in my bathroom doorway striking this 'what's up dude?' pose.  She thought it would be funny to put body lotion on her face to look like a mustache, and goatee.  Although mornings can be difficult between the two of us (as one of s like the other to move more quickly, and the other likes to take her sweet time), antics like this keep us laughing, rather than crying.

Some details shots
I freehand drew the flourishes and hand stitched over
I pieced the papers together and used my machine to add some stitching
Mr Huey's Warm Calico, with a Pink Paislee Mask
If you'd like to see what the rest of the team did with the sketch, and maybe even link up your own take on the sketch hop over to Let's Capture These Sketches.

I'll be back on Monday with Cara's Challenge #19 for all us from Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  Until then we are off to the lake for a few days.  I hope you have some fun, laid back style, family time scheduled for your weekend too, regardless of what corner of the world you are.

Thanks for stopping by today, and for your kind comments!

♥ S.


Pin It

6 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

I love your take Sherri! Wonderful details with great use of techniques.:)

Carol said...

hahaa! she's such a cutie ;)
love that sketch!

glorygirl said...

Loooooooove these pictures, the story and the page design! Laughter is such a blessing!

Jennie M said...

what a great sketch and I love your take! :)

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love all the details! Beautiful!

Tamika said...

The test was passed! I know how it is,she's so cute though to break the tension! Reminds me of my DD.