Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A New Design Team

Thanks for all your well wishes and comments on my application to the Let's Get Sketchy team. 

I have a new badge as of today ------------------------------------------------------------------>>>

Brenshevia has put together another wonderfully diverse team, and I am honored to be a part of it this time around.  I can't believe it took me so long to discover this site, they have fabulous sketches, great sponsors, and many loyal members.  I have a feeling I'm really going to like it there.  Some of the current DT have already made a point of saying hello and welcoming us newbies to the team.  I don't think it will take long before we all start to feel right at home.  You can take a look at the rest of the new team here.  And you still have a few days to get in on the last sketch challenge if you'd like to be eligible for this month's sponsored prize by Karla's Kreative Korner you can see the sketch here.

Today I'm working on my first sketch for next month.  I'm on Team B, which means our first sketch will go live the second week of the month.  I'll be sure to keep you posted though, it's a good one.

In other news we finally had the chance to meet this little miracle yesterday. 
We fell instantly in love with little Rowan.  The girls couldn't wait their turn to hold her.  What I thought would be a short little visit, turned into 2.5 hours.  It didn't hurt that we love her parents as much as we love her so there was plenty to talk about.  Mostly, though it was because none of us wanted to give her up once we finally got our turn to snuggle. 

And to leave you with something scrappy how about a photo of the card I created for her.
The design was lifted from a card I saw in a recent issue of Scrapbook Trends magazine by Jinny Newlin

That's if for me.  Thank you for stopping by today friends!

♥ S.





Pin It

16 comments:

Eileen said...

Love that card! And btw ... welcome to the LGS team!!!

Denise Price said...

Congratulations!

Tamika said...

Babies are cuddly! Love the card its fantastic and congrats on the new DT! I check out that site quite often so I look forward to seeing you over there!

Tara Elias said...

So excited for you!! Congratulations again!

P.S. what a cute baby :)

Kate Vickers said...

Congrats on the new DT, Sherri! That's great. What a cute little babe. I love them when they're that small! :)

Nicole Brenna said...

Congrats Sherri! I love Brenshevia's sites and you will fit right in! So happy for you!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Congrats Sherri. Fantastic news and I am sooooo thrilled for you! Amazing card!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

YEAH Sherri! Congrats! Adorable photos! Such a pretty card.:)

glorygirl said...

Congratulations, Sherri! You will be a great fit to the team! Can't wait to see what you create for them!!! And congrats on the sweet little baby to cuddle!

Cara G said...

Very cool news Sherri! Congrats to you!!

Danielle said...

Congrats on the new DT, sweetie! I saw your on the DT with Stephanie, she's with me on the UIT team and such a sweet girl!
Gorgeous card!!

Unknown said...

such a beautiful card! welcome to the lgs team!

Lynn said...

Congrats and welcome to the team! I'm excited to see what you create.

Pam said...

Huge congrats Sherri! I am so happy for you! I always love how you interpret sketches:)

What a beautiful card for a beautiful baby!! I need a little baby to snuggle with, hee hee!

Elizabeth said...

Way to go on making the team girlie!
e.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Big CONGRATS, Sherri!!'. So exciting! I know they are lucky to have you. That baby is precious and love that stunning card!