Friday, March 18, 2011

Radmon thoughts on Friday

The sun is shining, the house is quiet, and I'm feeling like I should be doing a hundred things.  The time change this past Sunday sure sent my body into a tailspin.  I've been sluggish and yawning all week long.  I don't remember it ever affecting me like this before.  Have you been feeling it too?

I started this morning by cracking open a new devotional I received as a gift last weekend.  It's called 10-Minute Time Outs for Busy Women by Grace Fox.  Really great little devotional.  It helps you start your day with scripture, a thought for the day, and a little quiet time with Jesus.  Beginning my day in that way never disappoints.  No matter what the day holds I feel better grounded knowing that I've given back to Him some of what He's given to me.  I try to not take my days on this earth for granted, and a 10 minute time out, in my opinion is a great way to say thanks back, and allow Jesus time and stillness to speak to me should he  so choose.

In scrappy news, yesterday afternoon I received my huge prize pack from My Mind's Eye by courier.  It was jam packed with every little piece of the recently released Stella & Rose: Hazel and Mebel collection.  I'm really hoping I get some time this weekend to scrap.

Tonight is promising to be a quiet night at home.  The girls want to have friends over, so we'll do that for supper, then hopefully a movie and popcorn.  I've decided I'm going to rent Life As We Know It (with Katherine Heigl, and Josh Duhamel), for D and I.  I've heard it's pretty good.   I think I'll also pick up disc 2 of Modern Family - Season One.  I think that show is hysterical.  If you've never seen an episode, you really should look one up online.

I really need to get my butt in gear with a packing list for our upcoming ski trip to Steamboat Colorado next Friday.  This will be our second year going, the kids, and hubby love it.  Me?  I'd take a sunny vacation over mountains any day.  That said, however, simply being together, and seeing everyone have so much fun makes it easy to say yes to a 22 hour bus ride, more snow, no sleeping in, continued lunch making, and the daily workout of skiing.  On the plus side the view out there is spectacular, the people are super friendly, and time to just chill, play games, sit around in the hot tub, and laugh in the evenings is so valued.  Off to start my list.  I'll leave you with a few cards I made a couple of weeks ago.  I gave them out as Thank Yous to the women who helped me lead worship last weekend and the Woman's Retreat.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful weekend

♥S.

made with Sassafraslass papers, Jillibean sprout, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Cosmo Cricket & Bazzill papers, and misc ribbon.
Webster's Pages papers, Jenni Bowlin journal sticker, Martha Stewart punch, misc twin, and bling, Simply Sweet stamp.


Fancy Pants papers, Creative Memories alphas, Maya Road mist, Basic Grey button, misc: flowers, ribbon, and twine.
Pin It

1 comment:

Pam said...

Your cards are beautiful Sherri!!! Love the color palette...I can't wait to see what you create with all of the beautiful MME!!!