Sunday, June 21, 2015

Celebrating Dad

For Dad's day this year, I used the new Making Waves  to create a little gift giving trio: gift box, bow and card for the #1 dad in my life.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to create the gift box (ID # 52694 )  The card is made using several elements from the Ephemera pack, Tags, Button pack, and Alphabet pack.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to create the bow.  Cut 3 strips of patterned paper into 10" x 0.75" strips.  Adhere them so they look like this.

Using a strong double sided tape adhere each section together like this:

Repeat those same steps above using 3 9.5" x 0.75" strips of the same patterned paper. And then again with 2 strips measuring 6.5" x 0.75".  The centre loop is made using a 2.5" x 0.75" strip of paper held together with that same double sided tape.
I think that having a matching gift set, makes the gift that much more fun to give.

Happy Father's Day Dad, you're the best dad-in-law a girl could ask for! Pin It

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! I just love that bow so much!