Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Little Dude {aflairforbuttons}

Popping in to share a page about the totally spoiled Canine in our home.
Wilson became a part of our family in April 2009.  I am a woman who learned almost promptly after having my first baby to "never say never".  I was never an animal person growing up, and never saw myself with a dog, but alas here we are.
He's smart, super cute, and totally loveable.  The fact that he allows us to dress him up, put props on him (especially at Christmas), and take pictures is just an added bonus.

As soon as I saw these woodgrain flair buttons in the {aflairforbuttons} Etsy shop, I knew I wanted to use them on a simple white background page so they'd pop.


I knew I needed to add a little more dimension to my page to balance out that of the flair buttons, so I used my Amy Tangerine stitching template, and my sewing machine to add a little tone on tone stitching, and voila, done.

I hope I've inspired you to create today.  Perhaps there's a pet layout in your near future.  Did you grow up with a four-legged love, or perhaps you're partial to another type of animal these days. Whatever it is I'd love to have a peek.  You can tag your projects on FB and/or Instagram with #aflairforbuttons and the team will be sure to see it.

Sets used on my layout:
Woodgrain 1
Here & Now

Thanks for popping in today friends! Pin It

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! I really love the stitching and the grid of circles/flair.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

He is soooooooooooooo cute! I love love love this!! LOVING that adorable photo and those flair buttons!!!!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a super doggie! Love what you did with the flairs!

antenucci said...

So I thought I had seen an 8.5x11 layout on your blog and here is another, did you switch? Love the pic of your dog and those diagonals on your page look amazing! Love this!

Ashley Horton said...

This is so fab, Sherri! Love the flair you worked in and that photo is so awesome!! And I am loving your 8.5x11 pages!!