- my favorite breakfast: French toast with fruit, and whip cream
- dishes all cleaned up without my having to do so
- a little scrapbooking & Being Erika (a Netflix series I've become hooked on)
- supper all taken care of: barbequed steak and potatoes, with roasted veggies, and garlic bread
- dishes all cleaned up without my having to do so, again.
- dessert at Cold Stone Creamery (lactose free vanilla w/peanut butter cups for me)
- hanging outside and getting a few photos with our cones.
- then lunches, showers, and bed for the kiddos.
Sigh...if only it could happen more than once a year. But hey, I'll take the one day, no complaining.
The younger two made some really cute crafts at school for me. I just forgot to take photos. Théa made me a sweet picture frame with a photo of her in it, and Eden made some wonderfully creative pottery w/melted glass pieces. Now that Isabelle is in Grade 7 there's no more crafts for Mother's Day, she did however make me a funny last minute card.
I don't usually ask for store bought gifts on Mother's Day, but this year there was a little something I was really hoping Darwin would help the girls get for me. It's a necklace made by a lapidary friend of ours. Three little squares with each girls' first letter stamped into it on a thin little silver chain. Our friend Christopher did a great job. He let the girls choose the size of the squares their initials were stamped into, they even got to stamp their own letter into it. I really love it. Every time it jingles it reminds me of each of them, and their great daddy who helped me bring them into the world.
This is not the best of collages, I apologize, but here is a little snapshot of our afternoon/evening in photos.
I am so very blessed.