Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Planning it out

I have been enjoying documenting life with my Heidi Swapp planner.
Rather than using my planner only to pre-plan however, I have been using it to document what has already happened also.  It's a great way to keep track of the events I need to remember and the memories of said event too.

My planner is more like a mini version of my Project Life style moments in between album that I haven't touched in quite some time.  Everything is just on a smaller scale, with fewer photos.
Each month has 2 inserts like the one you see above.  So 4 photos to keep at the beginning of the month or stick into whichever week you'd like.  Now that I seem to have less photos on my camera roll, this actually works just fine for me.

I have really fallen in love with adding bits of embellishments to my planner.  It creates a little more bulk than probably is best, but I figure I will deal with it when that time comes.  The sentiments you see here are all from the Heidi Swapp Hello Beautiful collection.

If I have more photos that I would like to add I simply insert them into the date portion of the week, or even print them a little larger and fill the opposite box on the page.
As you can see I am not following any strict set of rules, simply flying by the seat of my pants.  Some days are pre-planned, and others are simply filled in after the fact.  The particular week was filled in the Sunday following the first Sunday of the week.   The one thing that has remained consistent thus far is that I choose one paper collection to use on 2 pages, sometimes I go for two weeks using the same collection as I have here, and other times I only use one collection for one week.  It pretty much only depends on if I am working ahead or going backwards.  If I already have it all out I am more inclined to keep going.

Pretty much everything I have used in my planner is available in the paper Issues store.  If you're looking to pick up a few supplies for your planner, or other scrappy needs feel free to use my code at check out to save 20% off everything in your cart.

That's all I have got for you today friends.  Thanks for stopping in today! Pin It

2 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Looks fantastic, Nicole!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these pages!! Gorgeous!!!