Monday, June 15, 2015

That Thing You Do

Even though the girls are in so many dance throughout the competition season.  The days of competition are so rushed between work, and school, that I often don't get photos of all their costumes.  This is where other moms, and the studio directors come in, they often catch a group shot that I wasn't around for, and this is one of those photos.
This photo totally encapsulates the feel of the dance they did too.  They danced to The Wonders "That Thing You Do".  Such a catchy little tune.

I finally broke out my Evolution Advanced die cutting system by WeRMemory Keepers, and put this gorgeous Heidi Swapp file to use.  Just love how it's literally her hand writing.  It totally compliments the Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss collection too.


More hidden journaling.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the story is the most important thing on my layout.  All the layeres and ephemera in the world don't make up for the story behind the photos.  Years from now all the "stuff" on my pages will look old and dated, but the story will be as relevant then as it is today.  With so many untold stories that died with my mother, I am fiercely passionate about documenting the who, what, when and where behind my photos.

If you still haven't managed to get your hands on this collection, be sure to stop by the Paper Issues shop.  Use code: SHERRI at checkout to receive 20% off everything in your cart!

Thanks for popping by today friends! Pin It

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that pinwheel!!!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Fabulous page! Love the design and the pinwheel!!