Saturday, December 6, 2014

Paper Issues Sketch Saturday

Did you know that Paper Issues not only has bi-weekly scrappy issues to join in on, but there are now also sketch, and die cut issues also.  Jen Chapin has some great designs, they always catch my eye, and are very easy to play along with.  When I saw her post this one I knew I had to finally jump in.

This seven year old photo of the girls popped up in my Timehop feed recently, and I feel in love with them all over again.  I loved this age.  I remember it so well.  The youngest two, albeit cute as dolls use to fight like crazy, every single day.  And Belle, my sweet first born was such a little mama always ready to lend a hand and try to be the peace-maker between her sisters.  I just had to scrap it, and the sketch proved the perfect opportunity.

I grabbed a few sheets of patterned paper from my stash and got to work.  

Here is Jen's original sketch:

The circles beckoned to be made into a cut file, so I did just that. I backed the centers and used my sewing maching to add a little detail to each of them.
I pulled out my old Recollections heart punch, layered a coupled together, and once again used my sewing maching to adhere them to my page.

Would you like to try your hand at this sketch?  We'd love to see what you create. And if you'd like to use the cut file I created you can grab it right here in the Paper Issues shop, at no charge.

If you decide to do a little shopping while you're there, enter my code at checkout to save yourself 20% off your entire purchase.
Thanks for stopping by today friends! Pin It

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors, the hearts and the circles!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulous layout and your girls look so adorable! You're making me want to print some photos of my kids when they were little -- those were my favourite ones to scrapbook!