Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Brads, Buttons, and Fasteners

This week's challenge over at Use It Tuesday is all about these.  I decided to stick with brads.  They were the perfect embellishment to use on this lifted layout of one I found on Pinterest by Kinsey Wilson.  You can see her original layout on Pinterest here.  I just loved the rainbow idea, and thought it would be great for this challenge.  I can't wait to try it again with a different design I've got floating around in my head.

Here's my finished layout

And here are some close ups

Gorgeous Cre8tive Cre8tions flair, and chevron stamp, and Studio Calico wood veneers 

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut into the 4x12 card stock then backed it with patterned paper

Tab:Chic Tags, #3:My Minds Eye, Star Maya Raod
I also had the chance to break open my brand new stamps from Cre8tive Cre8tions (they arrived that same afternoon).  I used Versamark, and American Crafts Zing to emboss the wood veneers, add a few embossed stamped chevrons right over top of the stitching.

Hope you feel inspired to pull out your brads, buttons, and eyelets to create something wonderful.  You can get more inspiration, and link up your own creation (using your hoarded stash) right here.

Thanks for stopping by friends.  Have a wonderful day! Pin It

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the title and love love love love love those arrows!!!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Wow - what a fabolous way to use brads - I just love the idea so much! Fabolous design, too!

The title work look great too - very clever to use patterned papers behind the cut out letters!

Lilith Eeckels said...

SOOOO cool. Just love everything about it!

Ela said...

I love this page... How you use the stamps, brads, buttons... and the sewed... i definitely want to lift this gorgeous Layout!
love greetings Ela

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is a gorgeous layout! I love all the details that make the page pop!

Stacey
DT sister

Danielle said...

Amazing layout, Sherri!! Love the rainbow colors and how you used the brads!

Anonymous said...

So so SO gorgeous!

blsd2scrp said...

absolutely love this layout! it really ROCKS!! the colors pop and the stitching is awesome!!! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE this layout! What a fun design! I'm pinning this!

Stephanie U said...

Love the rainbow design! This layout it truly amazing Sherri!

Unknown said...

love this

glorygirl said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Love the stitched lines of color and coordinating embellies. AMAZING, amazing page!

Francine said...

Sherri, this is a gorgeous layout! I'm going to go pin it now for inspiration later. I love the lines of little embellishments, colours, and the cut out title. Well done!

Leslie Germain said...

Hi Sherri. Love what you did with this page. Great colors. Saw you on the paper issues link up. I love connecting with other scrapbookers (now following you). Would love for you to stop by and say hi!
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com