Friday, October 12, 2012

Let's Capture These Sketches Reveal

Sketch #153 by Kimberly went live today.  Look at all the inspiration.

I had this fabulous photo of Eden holding a perfectly preserved monarch butterfly we found in our yard just begging to be used with this sketch.  I grabbed my scraps of random papers and bits, and pieces, and went straight to work.  I played with a little gesso once again, but ended up covering up most of it in the final design, again (someday I'll get it right).  Some ink, mist, stamps, stickers, metal...a little bit of everything is what it took to get this one just right.


Used a few more Chic Tag pieces on this one.  (I've begun skimping on them, as I'm running out, and can't easily pick more up locally).

Hidden journaling on the tag once again.  I am loving those tiny alphas by Prima.  They are a perfect size and stick really well.  And that kraft doily?  A surprise gift from a friend (lucky, lucky me)

I've layered a couple of different stamps here.  One being the Transposed Dots design by Christy Tomlinson for Unity Stamps.

Really liked getting my hands a little dirty with this one.  Thanks so much to Let's Capture These Sketches for the inspiration.  You can see what the rest of the team created, and link up you own layout here.

Thanks for popping in today friends,

♥ S. Pin It

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow I LOVE LOVE LOVE your take on that sketch, love the desigen and the tag and doily!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the photo and loving the little chevron bag!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Love this design! The layering is perfect!

Zarah said...

Looovely LO!

Carol said...

this layout is to die for girl.....i miss you already, so i had to come visit you here ;)

glorygirl said...

What a great page! I just printed off the sketch and am planning on playing along. Love it! I am just like you with gesso, Sherri. It's so very hit and miss for me. Sometimes I cover it all. Sometimes I get the gesso peeking out a bit. It will come along the way it should soon!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful layout, Sherri and great photo, too!

Debbie P said...

What an awesome photo! Those one of a kind photos are so special. Your layout is gorgeous! Well done!

Tamika said...

Beautiful... with extra love for the photo!