Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lifting Up

Happy May 1st everyone!

My Scrapbook Nook hosted a 'lift the person above you' challenge.  It's a fun way to experiment with different styles.  I had the pleasure of lifting Jennie.  After browsing through her gallery, I chose this layout to work with.
I really like her clean and simple style.  But, man did I ever have a hard time replicating it.  Here's what I created with her layout as inspiration.
Using Studio Calico, Ormolu, OA, and Basic Grey products
The girls often come out their rooms wearing the same colour combination/style of outfit.  It cracks me up, because people use to mistake them for twins all the time, and sometimes it looks  like nothing has really changed over the past 6 years.  They still look very much alike, are still almost the same size/weight, and they are even drawn to the same colours and style of clothing.
I couldn't keep from adding my bits and pieces to the layout. 
Some of the ladies really knocked it out of the park with this challenge.  I encourage you to pop over here to have a look for yourself.

That's it for me today, hoping to have some Week In The Life photos to share with you really soon. 

Thanks for stopping by friends!

♥ S.

Pin It

9 comments:

Jody said...

Great job on the lift - your girls are very precious!

Diane Payne said...

Great lift Sherri! You did a greta job making it your own!

Jennie M said...

GREAT job on the lift. I LOVE what you did with it. Great, great job. :) And, your girls are adorable. :)

Leah said...

I love your take on this layout, and all the other lifts in the thread, so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is gorgeous! You did great. And yes, Kiss, well I had a big brother to influence me. Thankfully my tastes have changed!

Gina said...

gorgeous take on the layout Sherri :) Gx

Mag said...

beautiful take on this !!

Pam said...

I adore your lift! Your girls are all so beautiful!!

great colors here and yes...I spy some ormolu!!!

glorygirl said...

Great job on the scrap lift! I love what you did with the photos! Will have to remember to try that! Have a great weekend, friend!