Monday, March 12, 2012

Been lifting

Last week My Scrapbook Nook hosted a "lift the person above you" game.  Sometimes we all need a little creative inspiration, and lifting is just one way to get it.  In this case I lifted both a card and a layout.  What I love most about lifting is that it gives you a chance to break out of your regular rut style and try something you wouldn't necessarily have tried all on your own.

Here is the layout by Jessy that I chose as my card inspiration.

I really liked the sun bursts, and this was the perfect excuse to try them out.  Here is the card I created with these little guys as my inspiration.

Lilith is one of the most talented scrappers I know.  I adore her style, the way she constantly works outside the box.  I chose this layout of hers to work with.
And this is my take on it.
It's hard to see because it's white, but the circle next to "your" says "love"
I still have a love for doilies as you can see, and managed to overcome my dislike of rubons for this layout too.  I'm grateful to both Jessy, and Lilith for the creative inspiration.  Because of them I've added a couple more fun, and creative projects to my collection.

To see what others were inspired by, and what they came up with check out this thread (for layouts), and this one for cards.  There's plenty of inspiration to get the creative juices flowing, I promise.

Thanks for stopping by friends.  I hope you've been inspired.

♥ S. Pin It

9 comments:

Tara LeClaire said...

Love what you did with this! Your misting is fab, as always

danni reid. said...

you are so amazing my friend, i absolutely love your lifts♥

Shannon91 said...

Très jolie page !!! Il love it...
Bizz

Patricia Roebuck said...

These are beautiful. Good job with lifting!

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

i love your lifts!!! thanks for sharing :)

sarabeth

glorygirl said...

Fantastic layouts! Looove how clean they are and yet so bright and fun!

Lilith Eeckels said...

WOW I LOVE that card and I am so amazed to see how you lifted my layout. You are also very talented my dear friend!!!!!

Mag said...

Love your lifts !
Love the way you turn the page in card... very inspirating !
and the way you turn a masculine page in a very girly LO ! Wonderful !!

Carol said...

both those girls are amazing and so are yoU!!! love your versions ;)