Monday, January 2, 2012

Scrapping Everyday Miracles - Challenge 12

Some of you may have noticed that Challenge 12 was not posted until just tonight.  There was a little bit of a glitch, but it's all been resolved now.  The challenge is to scrap about a dream you have or have had.  My layout documents the fact that I am currently living one of my dreams.  Ever since I fell in love with this scrappy hobby I've wanted to work in a scrappy store.  It's a dream that came true only a few months ago through one of the sweetest people I know.  If you've been a follower of mine, for some time now, you will have already heard me speak about Sharon.  I met her at her store: The Scrapbook Cottage, a wonderful little scrap store just outside the city.   She carries all the latest product, offers a great loyalty program, and is just simply a sweet woman through and through.  When she told me that she was opening a second store just a short distance from my house, I was over the moon excited for her.  I offered to give her my time as an employee (just a polite way of saying, that I pretty much begged her for a job, lol).  Luckily for me, she thought I would be a good fit for the store.  You may think that simply working in a scrappy store is anything but dreamy.  For me, however, it most certainly is.  It is a way for me to fuse my love of meeting new people, hearing their story,  seeing, and working with new product, and a variety of manufacturers, and most importantly helping others to fall more in love with this wonderful way of capturing, and documenting their own story.  I believe there's nothing  more compelling between us as people than story, our story, God's story unfolding in and through us.  Capturing it through photos, and  documenting it in a fun, and attractive way is a great way for us to realize and appreciate God's many blessings in our life, and a wonderful way to pass our story down through the ages.  The opportunity to be a part of that, a couple of times a week, for others, brings me tremendous joy.

Here's the layout I created for the challenge.
A little busier than my usual style, but it reminds me of the craziness and fun of that day.

The photos were taken on Opening Day, November 12, 2011.  Thanks to Sharon for posting these on her blog, so I could 'borrow' them.

My passion for story is taking a new turn this year.  I'm excited to share it with you, but have yet to figure out the best way to start.  Bear with me, I'll be sure to share with you as soon as I have something concrete to show you.

On another scrappy note, you may be interested to hear about this great offer from My Scrapbook Nook.  Here's Pam invitation to you,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Join our kit club and we will send you a FREE DEC. KIT! You will receive the free kit with any subscription.


Supplies are limited-act fast-SPECIAL ONLY GOOD THROUGH JAN. 10TH 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HAPPY SCRAPPING!

MY SCRAPBOOK NOOK TEAM


http://stores.myscrapbooknook.com/-s...Categories.bok

Thanks for stopping by today friends, and for all you gracious, and encouraging words regarding my top scrappy choices of 2011.  You guys are great for my scrappy ego :)

♥ S. Pin It

2 comments:

Sophia said...

Great LO. As for my blog it was designed by Kristine Davidson, do you know her. She did a great job and very reasonable.

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Sherri, great layout! I think it is so fab that you have a layout now to commemerate your dream come true! So happy for you my friend.:)