Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Wheels

Here is a quick layout I did for Scraptastic Club last week, documenting Darwin's upgrade form the family van to a vehicle all his own.
I was happy to take over the RAV4, with it's all wheel drive, and better gas mileage than the van, I really wasn't too concerned with what he bought, even though he did ask for my input.  It's his vehicle, so he was allowed all the say.  Of course he went for a more sporty look, with all the upgrades.  That's my guy, always such pricey taste. It was pretty funny to see all the sales guys coming out from lunch to check out his new wheels though. I know he felt pretty darn good about himself.  This was apparently the first vehicle in the city like it (not just the standard version).

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the chevrons directly into the white background paper.  The file is a free one from the super talented Kinsey Wilson that I modified.  Everything on the this layout came from the I Found A Boy Main kit, with the exception of the yellow Jillibean Soup alphas which are from my stash, and the Elle's Studio round tags, and enamel dots, which are from the Add On kit (which is still available in the shop here).  The Stamps are from the Add On stamp pack, which you can find here.

If you have a sec, I encourage you to hop over and check out the other kits available in the Scraptastic shop.  Jessica puts together some really great kits, and she has no contract to sign for monthly subscribers.  You can also see a lot of inspiration in the Gallery here. Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo fun! LOVING the colors and the chevrons!! YAY for the new car!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Great page Sherri! Love all of the Elle's collection on this layout, and the chevron cuts are really fun!

Leslie Germain said...

Great layout. Best of luck with the new card.