Sunday, May 12, 2013

Here & Now

Sorry I've not been around too much lately.  It's just that time of year around here, where Dance picks up for everyone, and many hours are spent on hair, make up, driving, practicing, watching performances, and waiting for results.  I can get a little stressed about it all, but I really do love it.  Love watching my girls shine on the stage as they do what they really love to do.  So please forgive me for my absence around here lately.

It's Sunday so that means another Chic Tags Sunday Challenge.  This week our challenge was to use Arrows.
That background sheet of paper by Studio Calico was perfect to jump start the challenge.
This cute Note Clip Tag and Icon from the new Everyday Life II Collection were also perfect.
Here I've layered a Studio Calico arrow sticker over top of the tip of one of the Everyday Life A/B tags
Another A/B Tag here, partnered with some Stuido Calico chevron veneers.


There you have it.  Pop over the blog to see what the rest of the Chic Tag designers came up with.  You can also link up your own take on the challenge to enter yourself some fabulous scrappy goodies.

Also I'd like to wish wish all my fellow moms out there a blessed Mother's Day.  I hope that you are able to take some time for yourself today indulging in whatever your little hear t desires, and that the people in your life gift you with some YOU time.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll have a few posts to come for you this week.

Almost forgot to mention that I'm linking this layout up to the Paper Secrets Challenge.  Check out their sketch.
I loved it so much I just had to use it (to be honest I think I'm going to use it again just to see what I can come up with a second time around).   I can't even remember the last time I'm played along with an online challenge.  Thanks Paper Secrets for the enticement.  You can see the challenge for yourself here, you still have a couple of days to link up if you wish too.
Pin It

8 comments:

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Beautiful LO Sherri. Love the colors, design, and accents. TFS!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! LOVING the colors!! Happy Mama's Day! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun layout and challenge. I just got my first ever order of Chic Tags, so I'm planning to play along this week!

Kelly said...

Beautiful photo and fantastic layout!! Love all the little layers and details! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this! So many fun details!

Debbie P said...

Awesome photo and beautiful job on the sketch. I love every little bit and layer!

Rochelle Spears said...

beautiful layout! love all the layering and the white backgound really makes everything pop! :) Thanks for playing along with Paper Secrets! :)

Kristi B. said...

So cute! I love all your layering & embellishing. Thanks for playing at Paper Secrets. :)