Monday, October 27, 2014

They're So Fancy

Happy Monday friends!

What a busy, but fun-filled week we just had.  Despite the drama that has been our lives these past several weeks, Darwin and I have been having a lot of fun together, but it's been keeping me out of my scrap room.  It's funny how the tough stuff really does bring you together.

Speaking of fun, yesterday afternoon was exactly that for me.  I got into my scrap room for the first time all week, I pulled out this layout that I had started, live streamed the Winnipeg Jets game, and spent the afternoon locked away, scrapping and listening to hockey.  It may be hard to believe simply by looking at me, but there are few things, aside from being with the people whom I love the most, that bring me as much joy.
This layout was started a week ago.  I had the idea of creating a completely stitched background.  After some thought, I decided it would be more interesting to add bits of patterned paper to the stitching to provide some contrast and really show off the stitching.  I pulled out the Bella Blvd scraps I had from this layout, and set to work.

Next I grabbed an old DIY Shop overlay from Crate Paper, and attached it to my photo using a Studio Calico flag clip.  

A couple of Fancy Pants tags, popped behind it all, one with a little bit of journaling.  Then, throw in one super cute owl flair button, and boom, done.

It has been quite a while since I've created a layout just for fun, and this one felt great.

Thanks for popping in today friends!

Pin It

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the circles and the stitching!!!!