Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Sketch

This girl is my favourite superhero, and also the subject of this week's Chic Tags sketch challenge.
Théa was so funny this one afternoon when I picked her up from school.  She went running ahead of me, abruptly stopped just beside the vehicle and struck these "Super Hero" poses.  Of course I had to make her do it all over again, stopping in between so I could snap a few photos to document her quirkiness.

I just love the Crisp Air patterned paper.  I looks so authentically water coloured.  Veronica really knocked it out of the park with this one.  I have tried my hand at water colour with no success and this is a great way to cheat at getting that look.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the word Superhero, out of a scrap piece of Carta Bella Christmas paper.  I thought the stars were perfect for the layout.  I offset it with a scrap piece of orange cardstock, so it could be better seen against the vellum covered Bliss patterned paper.

Here is the great sketch that Ashley created for us.
You can see that I stayed pretty true to the original sketch, making only a few minor alterations.  I hope you'll play along with us this week.  Linking up could win you a Chic Tags grab bag.  And remember you DO NOT have to use Chic Tags product to play, we love to see how you use our product, but don't want that to keep you from being able to link up with us.  Hop over to the Chic Tags blog to link up, and also to see how some of the other DT used the sketch. Pin It

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love your lo!!!! LOVING those photos, the doily and that title!! And I totally agree... that paper is my fave too!!!!

Lynn said...

This is fabulous Sherri! I love the background paper too!! All your elements and the photos..spectacular!

Ashley Horton said...

This is such an awesome page Sherri! Love those fun photos! And I love how you changed up the sketch, but still used the photo series and added a doily for the circle shape!!